Extrlemy slow backup speec = about few MB/s

• Hi All,

after re-creating the backup task, i get the following message in the failed task:

RevDNS (redthree)
    Snapshot
    Start: Feb 7, 2020, 12:00:00 AM
    End: Feb 7, 2020, 12:00:00 AM
    Error: MESSAGE_REMOVED()
    Start: Feb 7, 2020, 12:00:00 AM
    End: Feb 7, 2020, 12:00:00 AM
    Duration: a few seconds
    Error: MESSAGE_REMOVED()

If there's any other log sources that may provide more insight, i'd be happy to take a look

Thanks

• XCP-ng Team

@synologic Your XO is outdated. Please stay up to date.

• Will update right away to the latest version and test.

Thanks

• Ok, upgrading to the latest version worked. Thank you.

I see some improvements in the backup speed like:

• from xcp 8.1 - no compression - about 33 MiB/s
    • from xcp 8.1 - compression (zstd) about 15 MiB/s

both are up from about 4 MiB/s

However, i am also seeing vast improvements when backing up from XCP 8.0.0 with transfer speeds (as reported by iptraf-ng) going up to 700 Mbps, which was not happening before.

Viorel

• @synologic said in Extrlemy slow backup speec = about few MB/s:

Ok, upgrading to the latest version worked. Thank you.

I see some improvements in the backup speed like:

• from xcp 8.1 - no compression - about 33 MiB/s
    • from xcp 8.1 - compression (zstd) about 15 MiB/s

both are up from about 4 MiB/s

However, i am also seeing vast improvements when backing up from XCP 8.0.0 with transfer speeds (as reported by iptraf-ng) going up to 700 Mbps, which was not happening before.

Viorel

Maybe you saw the same thing I did - I also had major issues with backups. Then in the summer of 2019 I upgraded our XOA (Yes, we have the paid version) and everything was going 3-4x times faster. Must have been some major improvement in the XOA code.

• @nikade said in Extrlemy slow backup speec = about few MB/s:

Maybe you saw the same thing I did - I also had major issues with backups. Then in the summer of 2019 I upgraded our XOA (Yes, we have the paid version) and everything was going 3-4x times faster. Must have been some major improvement in the XOA code.

So maybe some official info that if you have XO from source Your backup speeds will be as low as 3-4 MB/s? Or what?

• XCP-ng Team

@akurzawa XOA is not supposed to be faster than XO from sources.

• @stormi I hope so, I still have a problem witx slow abckups and replys like those just boils up my blood...

• XCP-ng Team

@akurzawa nikade wasn't opposing XO from sources to XOA, in my understanding.

• @akurzawa said in Extrlemy slow backup speec = about few MB/s:

@nikade said in Extrlemy slow backup speec = about few MB/s:

So maybe some official info that if you have XO from source Your backup speeds will be as low as 3-4 MB/s? Or what?

Sorry if I was unclear - XOA is built from the same sources so there is no difference in that aspect.
    All tho, there was a big performance issue regarding backups which was resolved.

I am using XO from sources in my "private" infrastructure and I can assure you there are no "limits" on purpose.

XCP-ng Pro Support

XCP-ng Pro Support