Updates announcements and testing

• XCP-ng Team

It's live 🙂 Thanks for the feedback!

• XCP-ng Team

New security update candidate for the Xen package in XCP-ng!

Prompt feedback needed

So, a new patch of security patches were released for the Xen hypervisor that is at the core of XCP-ng. Updates candidates are available for XCP-ng 8.1 and in the making for XCP-ng 8.0.

What's being fixed

Mostly flaws allowing privileged guest processes may crash the host under certain conditions.

XCP-ng 8.1

• Update with yum update xen-dom0-libs xen-dom0-tools xen-hypervisor xen-libs xen-tools --enablerepo=xcp-ng-testing
    • Reboot.
    • Check that your host(s) still work (Spoiler: they will).
    • Report here
    • Receive our gratitude

XCP-ng 8.0

Coming soon

• @stormi Updated a D54250WYK / i5-4250U / 16GB / XCP-ng 8.1 fully patched
    Host is indeed working and VMs started without any issues.
    Will try on my new R720 later, but I am confident that it will work as well.
    Nice work as always 👍

Edit: Updated a Dell R720 / dual Intel Xeon CPU E5-2640 v2 / 128 GB / XCP-ng 8.1 fully patched as well. All good.

• The bug/security patches upstream never seem to end. Seems like since April all you guys have had time for is this...

• XCP-ng Team

The update for XCP-ng 8.1 has now been pushed to the official updates repositories.

The update for XCP-ng 8.0 is now available for testing:

• Update with yum update xen-dom0-libs xen-dom0-tools xen-hypervisor xen-libs xen-tools --enablerepo=xcp-ng-testing
    • Reboot.
    • Check that your host(s) still work (Spoiler: they will).
    • Report here
    • Receive our gratitude

• XCP-ng Team

New call for testing the XCP-ng 8.0 update candidate. I'd like to publish it today.

• @stormi I tried insalling the 8.0 update with the command you have listed but nothing installs on the server

yum update xen-dom0-libs xen-dom0-tools xen-hypervisor xen-libs xen-tools --enablerepo=xcp-ng-testing
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    Excluding mirror: updates.xcp-ng.org
     * xcp-ng-base: mirrors.xcp-ng.org
     * xcp-ng-testing: mirrors.xcp-ng.org
     * xcp-ng-updates: mirrors.xcp-ng.org
    No packages marked for update

• XCP-ng Team

I just pushed the update to the official updates repository. Maybe you installed it already, if you ran yum update.

• XCP-ng Team

• @stormi Yup, I did just before trying to install the test update so I must have gotten it after you published. Everything seems to be working fine here afterward.

XCP-ng Pro Support

XCP-ng Pro Support