If you use XenServer or XCP-ng 7.4, follow our guide to upgrade to our latest XCP-ng 7.5!
Upgrade from XCP-ng 7.4
- Always upgrade and reboot the pool master FIRST
- If HA is enabled, disable it before upgrading
Recommended way: using the installation ISO
- Download the installation ISO from https://xcp-ng.org/download/
- Check the integrity of the downloaded ISO, using the MD5 sum or better yet the SHA256 sum if available.
- Follow installation procedure on our download page.
Experimental way: from command line
This method is still experimental, because there are more things that can go wrong when you upgrade 500 packages one by one than when you reinstall from scratch (which is what the installation ISO does, without losing your data of course). Upgrade via installation ISO is also the only upgrade method that creates a backup of the old system to a backup partition before installing the new version.
Here are the steps, as root:
wget https://updates.xcp-ng.org/7/xcp-ng-7.5.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/xcp-ng.repo yum clean metadata yum install xcp-ng-deps yum update
Now reboot the host. ALWAYS REBOOT THE POOL MASTER FIRST.
Upgrade from XenServer
This is exactly like upgrading from a previous XenServer version. Just insert the ISO and follow instructions! More details are available on the download page.