XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 2
    • Posts 2
    • Groups 0
    enkaskalE Offline
    1. Home
    2. enkaskal
    3. Posts

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • packer plugin signing key

      my apologies if i just missed this or if I'm just blind today, but I cannot for the life of me find the signing key (0DD2E92A7A0F682BC29F87073084D82948625D89) for the packer plugin.

      i checked the xcp-ng official signing key but it has an id of 34AC2EB68248FED6D076838ACD75783A3FD3AC9E.

      can somebody please point me in the right direction?

      TIA 🙂

      posted in Infrastructure as Code
      enkaskalE
      enkaskal
    • cloud-init instance (meta) data

      Hello,

      I've been using cloud-init (both cloud & network configs) successfully for a couple years now in XO, but one thing that has always annoyed me is during first boot instances first register their DNS hostname as localhost after which they quickly register with the proper hostname. This will occassionally casuse issues with reverse DNS lookups, but can easily be remedied manually. I was recently digging into this when refactoring my network config from v1 to v2, and I have a hypothesis that it is because the cloud_init_modules set_hostname & update_hostname that are part of the network boot stage run after DHCP which I believe is running as part of the local boot stage [1]. In order to test this hypothesis I'd like to be able to inject instance (meta) data [2] and I've searched, but haven't found a way to do that.

      Does anybody know if this is possible?

      1. https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/explanation/boot.html#local
      2. https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/explanation/instancedata.html

      EDIT: fixed a typo

      posted in Advanced features
      enkaskalE
      enkaskal