There are 3 things i hate on XCP-NG
axel last edited by
XCP-ng is a great project!
There are 3 things i hate on XCP-NG but it is coming from Xenserver too.
- The type of partition is 07 thats 4 NTFS and use that is windows style :-(, it will be mutch better with linux patition types 83 and 82 for swap.
- is the installation. It is very special how this routine uses the hardrives. The routine is confused with used hdd or with some old installation. Please when sombody take fresh installation kill all the partions, better will build a new partitiontabel. Now i hat to boot a live linux via DVD or USB and earase everything with dd..
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=100M
- the export of VM thats 2 slow, but i know you fix that in orchestra
- Which partition are you talking about exactly?
- This is currently under improvement, see https://github.com/xcp-ng/xcp/issues/107
- don't use compressed export until we have
zstdin stable repo
Also, XCP-ng, unlike XenServer, is a real Open Source project. Feel free to contribute to improve it
axel last edited by
Number Start (sector) End (sector) Size Code Name 1 46139392 83888127 18.0 GiB 0700 2 8390656 46139391 18.0 GiB 0700 3 87033856 3907028830 1.8 TiB 8E00 4 83888128 84936703 512.0 MiB EF02 5 2048 8390655 4.0 GiB 0700 6 84936704 87033855 1024.0 MiB 8200
Thats the partition tabel at my simpel testing PC 4 VM
1, 2, 5 using 0700 thats for windows NTFS
Yesterday i fitting with a reinstall of one 7.5 with RAID1 and a exta LSI RAID Controller.
One HDD was damaged, but all my VM was moved to a reseve Sever. So the easyest way was 2 install again. But the install scripts find sometimes one RAID 1 and the Disk behind the LSI RAID. It dont use the /dev/md127 and try to build a new RAID 1 with /dev/sdc and /dev/md127..... and sme craesy options too.
Now i am erasing everything on the old HDD, now its running. The Problem with GDISK HDD are one the end of the HDD is a reseve partition tabelle. Most tools dont erase them. But it is very old and cytrix dont fix it. But its bad when you had fix somthing with booting teh hardware server with a live linux