Remote desktop on Gnome hangs randomly
-
@dinhngtu Hello. I've updated to the latest commit. There is no need to give me credit. I just want to help so others and myself included can benefit from this. Anyway thank you for your work.
-
IF I update to the latest batch of updates released recently, I suppose I will lose the changes made in that repo that you provided. ?
-
@ovicz I've built xapi-26.1.16-1.2.0.pirq.1.xcpng8.3 on xcp-ng-ndinh2. You can update as usual, then install my packages on top.
-
@dinhngtu I see there are some new updates in the testing repo. can I upgrade the packages from the testing branch and after that can i load the packages from your repo. ? When this changes will go mainstream ?
-
@ovicz xcp-ng-ndinh2 currently contains a newer xapi 26.1.19 with some other patches you don't need, so you shouldn't use that any more.
The hvm-pirq feature have been integrated into our xapi 26.1.19 package, now available in testing. You can install the testing packages and get that feature.
now available in incoming. But that's very early and not yet tested. If you need something based on the latest testing packages instead, feel free to ask me and I'll build it into a different tag for you.Note that you should only upgrade XAPI packages listed in the RPM commands given above. Don't upgrade anything else or you may end up taking something unexpected. -
@ovicz I was wrong, it's already in testing. So you could simply install the testing updates for that.
-
@dinhngtu I've installed at first just the packages from testing and the vm hanged. Then I had to install the ones from your repo to make it work.
-
@ovicz Have you set
platform:hvm-pirq=falseon it? The disable-by-default behavior had to be reverted in the upstream fix because of an unforeseen regression. -
@dinhngtu No i did not. Right now I'm running as is...seems to work fine. I tried to downgrade to testing packages but I can't connect with XenOrchestra to the server after reboot. So I had to reinstall the packages from your repo to make it work again.
-
@ovicz Which exact version of XAPI do you have? If you have 26.1.19-1.1 from testing, you should be able to fix it by setting hvm-pirq=false using the instructions here: https://docs.xcp-ng.org/troubleshooting/common-problems/#pci-passthrough-error-unsupported-msi-delivery-mode-7
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login