XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    PCIe Passthrough of Radeon iGPU fails

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved Hardware
    15 Posts 5 Posters 2.1k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      steff22 @yannsionneau
      last edited by steff22

      @yannsionneau I also can't get Radeon iGPU to work either with xcp-ng 8.3

      with hardware
      hvovedkort B650D4U3-2L2Q/BCM,)
      cpu AMD Ryzen 9 9950X

      tried on ubuntu 25.04 and windows 10

      get this error message

      lspci -nnk
      dmesg | grep amdgpu
      
      amdgpu: Invalid PCI ROM header signature: expecting 0xaa55, got 0x4556
      amdgpu: Unable to locate a BIOS ROM
      amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init
      Unable to locate a BIOS ROM
      
      poddingueP 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • poddingueP
        poddingue Vates 🪐 @steff22
        last edited by

        steff22, the answer you want is one post above yours. 😉
        Yann confirmed at post #4 that AMD iGPU passthrough doesn't work on XCP-ng today and that he's working on it, so your Invalid PCI ROM header signature looks like the known symptom rather than something specific to your board.
        He also linked https://xcp-ng.org/forum/topic/8909 , same error string, if you want the longer history. I don't know enough about the ROM BAR side to add anything useful to what he wrote, and I'd rather not guess in front of him. 😊
        Worth following this thread, he said he'd keep at it.

        S 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          steff22 @poddingue
          last edited by

          @poddingue yeah I saw it now 🙂 but I was more like mentioning that many people also have the same problem.

          Hope it gets resolved soon 🙂

          Y 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 1
          • Y
            yannsionneau Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team @steff22
            last edited by

            @steff22
            I am making good progress on this and I will soon have some packages to share for people to try and give feedback 🙂

            poddingueP S M S 4 Replies Last reply
            Reply Quote 2
            • poddingueP
              poddingue Vates 🪐 @yannsionneau
              last edited by

              @yannsionneau That's excellent news, thanks a bunch! 🎉

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                steff22 @yannsionneau
                last edited by

                @yannsionneau That's great news 🙂 thank you very much🙂

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • M
                  mgr42 @yannsionneau
                  last edited by

                  @yannsionneau That's great to hear, I can't wait to see what it'll look like.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • poddingueP poddingue marked this topic as a question on
                  • S
                    strom137 @yannsionneau
                    last edited by

                    @yannsionneau ,
                    may this link helps if you not anyway know it
                    https://medium.com/@timemaster5/getting-amd-phoenix-igpu-passthrough-working-on-xen-xcp-ng-8856593f9c0d

                    I will give it a try this weekend

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1
                    • M
                      mgr42
                      last edited by

                      Have there been any updates to this? I'm haven't seen any activity here for a while.

                      Y 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Y
                        yannsionneau Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team @mgr42
                        last edited by

                        @mgr42 Hi

                        I published a post this morning with packages to test, if you have a non production host on which you can test it would be awesome: https://xcp-ng.org/forum/topic/12523/igpu-pci-passthrough-new-experimental-packages-need-testers
                        Thanks!

                        Regards,

                        Yann

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post