XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    how to query users and there vms there own

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved REST API
    11 Posts 4 Posters 1.8k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T
      taghashseven
      last edited by

      Im new to xen orchestra i need to know how I can query the REST API to get the user and the associated vms that there use and all metric about each vms, like the resources it uses[cpu, storage, ram] and time

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by

        Hi,

        It's not possible yet with the REST API. However, it's a work in progress and should be done this quarter.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • T
          taghashseven
          last edited by

          Thank you for replay,

          is it possible to connect the vms to users with multiple rest api request

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            Right now, everything you see in XO 5 can be requested via the JSON-RPC API (or CLI). So it's doable. The permissions for REST API will come later.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • T
              taghashseven
              last edited by

              Can you point me to where the documentation of JSON-RPC,
              like where I can find all the methods i can call using this api "JSON-RPC"

              DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • DanpD
                Danp Pro Support Team @taghashseven
                last edited by

                @taghashseven Have you checked the documentation? https://docs.xcp-ng.org/management/manage-at-scale/xo-api/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • T
                  taghashseven
                  last edited by

                  Sorry guys I will ask even the simple things,
                  I have install the xo-cli client,

                  let's say I have need the acl list,

                  what is the command

                  D 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • D
                    DustinB @taghashseven
                    last edited by

                    @taghashseven You'd ssh into your host and use xe followed by your command.

                    Here is the reference sheet. https://docs.xcp-ng.org/appendix/cli_reference/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by

                      He's asking about XO ACLs, so it won't be with xe but with XO 😉

                      You can get that with the JSON RPC API, see https://docs.xen-orchestra.com/architecture#xo-cli-cli for more details.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • T
                        taghashseven
                        last edited by

                        Thank you very much for your support.

                        So far, I've managed to reach this point:

                        {"id":-9007199254733511,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"acl.get"}
                        
                        

                        I can now make these JSON-RPC calls.

                        What I need next is to know all the possible calls I can make. Is there a documentation or a place where I can find all this information in one place?"

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • olivierlambertO
                          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                          last edited by

                          Yes, you can have a list of all available calls by doing xo-cli list-commands

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          • First post
                            Last post