Remote desktop on Gnome hangs randomly
-
@ovicz Are you up for a test package with a fix? Note that the fix is not yet tested nor supported at the moment.
Add user repos using this command:
yum-config-manager --add-repo https://koji.xcp-ng.org/repos/user/8/8.3/xcpng-users.repoTo know what you need to upgrade, run this command (as
xcp-ng-ndinh2contains some changes that you don't need):rpm -qa --qf '%{NAME}\t%{SOURCERPM}\n' | grep $'\txapi'Then upgrade just the XAPI-related packages:
yum update --enablerepo=xcp-ng-ndinh2 <list of packages from above>Remember to reboot the host after installing.
Finally, disable hvm-pirq on your affected VM and reboot it (parameter name subject to change):
xe vm-param-set uuid=... platform:hvm-pirq=falseTo go back, list what you installed and downgrade them:
yum list installed | grep ndinh yum downgrade ... -
Hello. I did what you said and it seems to work. Thank you.
-
@ovicz Thanks for testing. Is everything working without the pci=nomsi or GRUB command line tweaks? We'll work to integrate this fix into a future update.
-
Yes. I removed pci=nomsi entry from grub. I've tested on a Debian Forky and CentOS Stream 10 VMs with gnome and an intel alderlake igpu passthrough no issues at all.
-
P poddingue marked this topic as a question on
-
@ovicz
xapi-26.1.16-1.1.0.pirq.2.xcpng8.3is now available on xcp-ng-ndinh2, which disables HVM PIRQ for all existing VMs by default on reboot. Please try it out.I've prepared an upstream PR for this feature. If you'd like to be listed as a tester, please respond with your name and email address (or your fake github email if you prefer) and I'll update my commit with your credit.
-
@dinhngtu Hello. I've updated to the latest commit. There is no need to give me credit. I just want to help so others and myself included can benefit from this. Anyway thank you for your work.
-
IF I update to the latest batch of updates released recently, I suppose I will lose the changes made in that repo that you provided. ?
-
@ovicz I've built xapi-26.1.16-1.2.0.pirq.1.xcpng8.3 on xcp-ng-ndinh2. You can update as usual, then install my packages on top.
-
@dinhngtu I see there are some new updates in the testing repo. can I upgrade the packages from the testing branch and after that can i load the packages from your repo. ? When this changes will go mainstream ?
-
@ovicz xcp-ng-ndinh2 currently contains a newer xapi 26.1.19 with some other patches you don't need, so you shouldn't use that any more.
The hvm-pirq feature have been integrated into our xapi 26.1.19 package, now available in testing. You can install the testing packages and get that feature.
now available in incoming. But that's very early and not yet tested. If you need something based on the latest testing packages instead, feel free to ask me and I'll build it into a different tag for you.Note that you should only upgrade XAPI packages listed in the RPM commands given above. Don't upgrade anything else or you may end up taking something unexpected. -
@ovicz I was wrong, it's already in testing. So you could simply install the testing updates for that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login