@fohdeesha Okay, so I had a bit of an adventure there (oddly, setting my management interface to the VLAN interface did not seem to work - even after doing an
xe pif-reconfigure-ip command to make sure I was set to the correct IP and all that jazz - but that may have been because I set the trunk port to natively carry that VLAN's traffic without tagging).
Still, now XOA seems to be unable to connect. I can GET to my XOA instance, but I cannot see my list of VMs or networks or anything - my XOA seems to be unable to connect to my host. It says, "Some XenServers have been registered but are not connected" and when I go in there, I SEE my host, but I cannot connect to it. There's a scary red triangle and it says "connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.100:443".
I almost wonder if XOA is sending tagged packets and the host isn't...
EDIT: wellp, nope. I have SSH access to the host, and I just checked to see if maybe I had the XOA VM hooked up to one of the VLAN-ish interfaces and the host hooked to the actual main interface... they are both connected to the same interface, yet they absolutely cannot ping each other. They're on the same subnet! I'm annoyed. More digging.
EDIT AGAIN: HMMM I just disabled
switchport trunk native vlan x on the switch and replies started coming right back in once I had switched the node to the VLAN X PIF. I have rebooten it - presumably I need to put XOA on that PIF now! Will report back.
EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: omg you guys use the google blobs as emoji here... my whole heart
EDIT FINAL: yep, okay, I found some issues with my config but for some reason my XCP-ng host and Xen Orchestra simply refuse to talk to eachother. I know I'm getting the right IP address, and I know I'm getting the right username and password - and yet, I still get that "connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.100:443" error. I HAVE figured out how to get things to properly route while on VLAN PIFs now (static routes! hooray!) but the XCP-ng host and Xen Orchestra are both on the same network and everything, and I cannot get Xen Orchestra to connect to the XCP-ng host.
EDIT FOR REALSIES FINAL: ...
...and then I rebooted XOA and everything fixed itself. Neat.