XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Not sure if its XOStor but ... VDIs disappearing

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved XOSTOR
    12 Posts 4 Posters 548 Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      jcdick1 @poddingue
      last edited by jcdick1

      @poddingue

      sm-3.2.12-23.5.xcpng8.3.x86_64 across all three hosts.

      Just tried running through the chain of repair and restart, and I'm getting this on the latest as well:

      [12:49 host1 ~]# xe vm-start uuid=c0faf508-9f14-e091-43b1-d6c5ef7e07d4
      Error code: SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_1200
      Error parameters: , [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/dev/drbd/by-res/xcp-volume-693829e3-0b60-4b0c-bed2-611995ec83f1/0',

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • DanpD
        Danp Pro Support Team
        last edited by

        Have you check the status of the nodes and for faulty resources?

        linstor n l
        linstor r l --faulty
        
        J 2 Replies Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • J
          jcdick1 @Danp
          last edited by

          @Danp

          ╭───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╮
          ┊ Node               ┊ NodeType ┊ Addresses                ┊ State  ┊
          ╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡
          ┊ host1  ┊ COMBINED ┊ XX.XX.XX.16:3366 (PLAIN) ┊ Online ┊
          ┊ host2  ┊ COMBINED ┊ XX.XX.XX.17:3366 (PLAIN) ┊ Online ┊
          ┊ host3  ┊ COMBINED ┊ XX.XX.XX.15:3366 (PLAIN) ┊ Online ┊
          ╰───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯
          [16:14 host1 ~]# linstor r l --faulty
          ╭──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╮
          ┊ ResourceName ┊ Node ┊ Layers ┊ Usage ┊ Conns ┊ State ┊ CreatedOn ┊
          ╞══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡
          ╰──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯
          
          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • poddingueP poddingue marked this topic as a question
          • J
            jcdick1 @Danp
            last edited by

            @Danp

            New VMs just hang with the XCP-ng rocketship logo in the console. I've tried UEFI and traditional BIOS.

            DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • DanpD
              Danp Pro Support Team @jcdick1
              last edited by

              @jcdick1 We can take a look using the support tunnel of your XOA instance.

              J 2 Replies Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • J
                jcdick1 @Danp
                last edited by

                @Danp

                I have my XOA registered, so let me know how I go about getting you into it.

                P 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • P
                  Pilow @jcdick1
                  last edited by

                  @jcdick1 you should follow this procedure

                  https://help.vates.tech/kb/en-us/34-support-tunnel-and-access/30-create-a-support-tunnel

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • J
                    jcdick1 @Danp
                    last edited by

                    @Danp

                    I'm US Central time, so I'll open the tunnel around 2:00am tomorrow. Who do I send the code to?

                    Thanks!

                    DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • DanpD
                      Danp Pro Support Team @jcdick1
                      last edited by

                      @jcdick1 Ideally you should open a ticket via the Support Portal and provide the tunnel ID there along with a link to this discussion.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        jcdick1 @poddingue
                        last edited by

                        @poddingue

                        Okay, we're back here. I was told I have a hung CIFS mount that no longer exists, so a host needs to reboot to clear it, and faulty XOSTOR resources. But I can't reboot the host until I can move VMs off. Is there any indication of how to repair the faulty XOSTOR resources so I can move the VMs and reboot the host?

                        Thanks for taking a look.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post