Future Architecture?
-
Hello
I have a very simple question: Will the coming Version (with Alma inside) support the CPU Code for x86_64_v1/2? Because, RockyLinux 10 won't support it.
We have many HP DL380-G6/7 in our education (Technical High School in Austria) for Network Engineers and we like XCP-ng very much because of its easy useage. And it works perfect on our machines!!!
Thank you very much -
It depends on whether the Alma Linux core chosen for dom0 is the one for v3 and v4 or the one for v2. As AlmaLinux also has a variant in vanilla not just for baseline v3 and v4 but also for one baseline below in other words v2.
-
I suspect it will also depend on BIOS vs. UEFI boot. DL380 G6/G7 systems are BIOS-only. I run a lot of DL380 G7 systems myself so I know which I'm hoping for.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login