Intel Core Ultra iGPU passthrough
-
I'm not sure Intel iGPU passthrough can work. Let me ping @teddyastie maybe
-
Do you get anything special written to
xl dmesgin Dom0 ? -
I don't think so, it seems IOMMU is enabled:
(XEN) [ 0.183949] Intel VT-d iommu 0 supported page sizes: 4kB, 2MB, 1GB (XEN) [ 0.191524] I/O virtualisation enabledI'll leave the full log attached.
-
@antest can you retry after doing
/opt/xensource/libexec/xen-cmdline --set-xen iommu=debugthen rebooting.
And also reporting full DomU and Dom0 dmesg (in addition toxl dmesg) ? -
-
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-6.12.57+deb13-amd64 root=UUID=d706ed91-c2dd-4c8f-92cb-d2a595e24fe4 ro quiet splash i915.force_probe=7d67 i915.enable_guc=3 i915.max_vfs=7
Try to remove the i915 options and rebuild grub then reboot. see if that errors regarding guc pops up again,
I don't see in modinfo i915 that value of enable_guc=3
parm: enable_guc:Enable GuC load for GuC submission and/or HuC load. Required functionality can be selected using bitmask values. (-1=auto [default], 0=disable, 1=GuC submission, 2=HuC load) (int)
-
@ovicz Tried it, didn't change.
But thanks anyway.
-
@antest can you try running the VM with only 1 vCPU ?
-
@TeddyAstie Sure thing:
-
@antest Hi
I notice in your domU dmesg:
[ 2.425816] i915 0000:00:08.0: Invalid PCI ROM header signature: expecting 0xaa55, got 0x4556 [ 2.425820] i915 0000:00:08.0: [drm] Failed to find VBIOS tables (VBT)If you are on a non-production machine can you give this a try?
=> https://xcp-ng.org/forum/topic/12523/igpu-pci-passthrough-new-experimental-packages-need-testersThanks!
Yann
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login