XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Raid

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Management
    7 Posts 3 Posters 2.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B
      bdacasc
      last edited by

      I went looking for some way to monitor disk status.
      I looked in settings tab, and if there was a plugin for monitor the drivers on my system.

      But I could not make head or tail out of it.

      Is there a tool to monitor disk or softraid?
      How do I install that ?

      D 2 Replies Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • D
        DustinB @bdacasc
        last edited by

        @bdacasc said in Raid:

        I went looking for some way to monitor disk status.
        I looked in settings tab, and if there was a plugin for monitor the drivers on my system.

        But I could not make head or tail out of it.

        Is there a tool to monitor disk or softraid?
        How do I install that ?

        Assuming you're using the Software RAID1 (for a two disk installation) you'll likely want to install the netdata extension into your hosts.

        That'll report on the status of the array's disks, I also believe the Vates team was working on getting this information into the Pool Health Overview but I'm not 100% certain on that.

        DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          DustinB @bdacasc
          last edited by

          @bdacasc You can read more about it here https://xcp-ng.org/forum/topic/2288/netdata-package-is-now-available-in-xcp-ng?_=1713209137810

          B 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • DanpD
            Danp Pro Support Team @DustinB
            last edited by

            @DustinB said in Raid:

            That'll report on the status of the array's disks, I also believe the Vates team was working on getting this information into the Pool Health Overview but I'm not 100% certain on that.

            This is available now under Host > Advanced tab, but it will only with XCP-ng 8.3.

            B 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • B
              bdacasc @Danp
              last edited by bdacasc

              @Danp I am running 8.2.1.
              The only thing I want to know if something happens to may softraid.
              Looking in the advance tab I only have "system disk health" and that is empty.

              D 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • B
                bdacasc @DustinB
                last edited by

                @DustinB This looks great. All dark in "hacker mode"and all. Lots of info on this.

                I just wanna know that my softraid is okej

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  DustinB @bdacasc
                  last edited by

                  @bdacasc said in Raid:

                  @Danp I am running 8.2.1.
                  The only thing I want to know if something happens to may softraid.
                  Looking in the advance tab I only have "system disk health" and that is empty.

                  It's not available on XCP-ng 8.2.1, it's only available in the beta 8.3, and eventually in the future release.

                  That is why the "system disk health" is empty.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  • First post
                    Last post