XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    EOL: XCP-ng Center has come to an end (New Maintainer!)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved News
    98 Posts 35 Posters 87.7k Views 34 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • gskgerG
      gskger Top contributor @Seneken
      last edited by

      @Seneken Have you considered using Xen Orchestra (XO) instead of XCP-ng Center? XO is the recommended solution to manage Xenserver or XCP-ng hosts and pools. The Xen Orchestra from Source comes with all the bells and whistles for a homelab, while the Xen Orchestra Appliance (XOA) is intended for enterprise scenarios with support. But you most likely already know that and are just interested in a windows client 😇

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • SenekenS
        Seneken @petr.bena
        last edited by Seneken

        @petr-bena Hi, I found your build from this link. I wil try it now and report to you later.

        Thank much 😉

        @gskger
        Yup, I know about Xen Orchestra (XO) and XOA. Maybe I will use it temporarily while waiting for the next version of XCP-ng Center to fully support 8.3. Of course, I still need XCP-ng Center for my colleagues who are not very familiar with the system. They have been given basic training on how to use XCP-ng Center to monitor and support the VMs when needed.
        Sincerely thank you for your sharing and suggestions.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • C
          cowboy @errellion
          last edited by

          @errellion Have you ever considered or looked into using a USB over Ethernet utility like VirtualHere or one of the other alternatives as a work around?

          In a nutshell, you could deploy something like a RPI2 or RPI3 and run VirtualHere on it & plug your dongles into that and have your VM's connect to it with a USB over Ethernet client. Then you wouldn't have issues with snapshots or migrations between hosts.

          I use this for Wave, Software Defined Radio & ADSB dongles and USB printer - just forward the raw USB connections over Ethernet to my VM's and it's worked great for me for years.

          Just spitballing the idea if it helps you.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • SenekenS
            Seneken @petr.bena
            last edited by

            @petr-bena said in EOL: XCP-ng Center has come to an end (New Maintainer!):

            @Seneken that build I shared here works with latest XCP-ng, current maintainer on github just didn't make a release for latest codebase, but master branch in github works with latest version just fine

            Hi Petr-bena, your build work for me. Thank you so much 😉

            O 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • O
              O_V_K @Seneken
              last edited by

              Hello everyone!

              Is there a version of XCP-ng center that can work with XenServer 8 and with XCP-ng 8.2 simultaneously?

              Thank you!

              P 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • P
                petr.bena @O_V_K
                last edited by

                @O_V_K Does that version I posted not work?

                P O 2 Replies Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • P
                  petr.bena @petr.bena
                  last edited by petr.bena

                  @olivierlambert BTW due to inactivity of "new maintainer" I think I could probably volunteer to become another co-maintainer, but can't promise to be overly active either.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • O
                    O_V_K @petr.bena
                    last edited by

                    @petr-bena said in EOL: XCP-ng Center has come to an end (New Maintainer!):

                    @O_V_K Does that version I posted not work?

                    No 😞 Tested with latest XenServer 8

                    Thank you!

                    O 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • O
                      O_V_K @O_V_K
                      last edited by O_V_K

                      Latest XenCenter 2024.3.0 does not work with XCP-ng 8.2

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        AbyssMoon @petr.bena
                        last edited by

                        @petr-bena Greetings. Your build has stopped working with the latest xcp-ng 8.3 patches. Is there any solution?

                        L P M 3 Replies Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1
                        • L
                          laurentm @AbyssMoon
                          last edited by

                          @AbyssMoon
                          My release vNext 24158 still works with XCP-NG 8.3 Final but I cannot use it anymore for Live Migration and Cold Migration due to a cert error between servers.
                          It was working with XCP-NG 8.3 RC2.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • P
                            petr.bena @AbyssMoon
                            last edited by

                            @AbyssMoon it works just fine to me

                            dcf27e33-adf5-4cb6-944e-125f50f77ee5-image.png

                            can you provide some details?

                            A SenekenS 2 Replies Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • A
                              AbyssMoon @petr.bena
                              last edited by

                              @petr-bena Have you installed the latest patch via yum update?

                              [epyc-genoa1 ~]# rpm -qa | grep xapi
                              xapi-xe-24.19.2-1.4.xcpng8.3.x86_64
                              xapi-rrd2csv-24.19.2-1.4.xcpng8.3.x86_64
                              python2-xapi-storage-24.19.2-1.4.xcpng8.3.x86_64
                              xapi-storage-script-24.19.2-1.4.xcpng8.3.x86_64
                              xapi-nbd-24.19.2-1.4.xcpng8.3.x86_64
                              xapi-core-24.19.2-1.4.xcpng8.3.x86_64
                              xapi-tests-24.19.2-1.4.xcpng8.3.x86_64
                              xcp-ng-xapi-plugins-1.10.1-1.xcpng8.3.noarch
                              

                              XO is working properly.

                              123.jpg

                              P 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • P
                                petr.bena @AbyssMoon
                                last edited by

                                @AbyssMoon yes I did, but you clearly use different version of XCP-ng admin, not my build. Compare build numbers.

                                A 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • A
                                  AbyssMoon @petr.bena
                                  last edited by

                                  @petr-bena thank you, I see that the build is different, I downloaded my version from your resource:
                                  https://cloud.bena.rocks/s/kEWmsmg8ABtQJZe
                                  please tell me, where can I get a newer build?

                                  P 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • P
                                    petr.bena @AbyssMoon
                                    last edited by

                                    @AbyssMoon

                                    I just downloaded it myself from same link and tried, look on the screenshot, versions are matching, it works to me. I think you must have some different problem, maybe firewall?

                                    5dfe84f7-34a2-4e9e-b248-4d4a22b3c156-image.png

                                    A 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • A
                                      AbyssMoon @petr.bena
                                      last edited by

                                      @petr-bena it's definitely not a firewall, XO is working. Maybe the problem is in windows 2008 server r2, I run xencenter on it. Perhaps it does not support any new encryption protocols, this is an assumption.

                                      P 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • P
                                        petr.bena @AbyssMoon
                                        last edited by

                                        @AbyssMoon I run it on Windows 10, but I think it's weird it worker before and now it doesn't. Do you have any other newer Windows available to try it on?

                                        A 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • A
                                          AbyssMoon @petr.bena
                                          last edited by AbyssMoon

                                          @petr-bena I tried to run the 24158 build on windows 10, everything really works, thank you. The problem is with the outdated windows 2008 server R2 operating system.
                                          P.S. I've never had it work on this machine with xp-ng 8.3, I thought the reason was the latest patch.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • SenekenS
                                            Seneken @petr.bena
                                            last edited by

                                            @petr-bena Dear Petr-bena
                                            Does you have public this Builds (follow your screenshot) ? My xcp-ng download from your first build is 24158.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post