XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    [dedicated thread] Dell Open Manage Appliance (OME)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Compute
    104 Posts 27 Posters 63.7k Views 23 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • stormiS
      stormi Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team
      last edited by

      Could someone summarize this thread for me (XCP-ng Product Owner) so that I see what could be worth tracking and/or doing on our side?

      AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • AtaxyaNetworkA
        AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @stormi
        last edited by

        @stormi TLDR: xen-blkfront and xen-netfront drivers are missing
        More info here: https://blog.ataxya.net/add-xen-driver-to-ome-dell-open-manage-enterprise/

        AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • AtaxyaNetworkA
          AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @AtaxyaNetwork
          last edited by AtaxyaNetwork

          @stormi Also, some bit of code are hardcoded with /dev/sd*, I changed that to /dev/xvd*

          F 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • F
            flakpyro @AtaxyaNetwork
            last edited by

            @AtaxyaNetwork I understand it would be a lot of work to make a new XVA every time Dell updates the appliance. Would it be possible to write a shell script that we could copy to the appliance and run after the fact that could change the /dev/sda to /dev/xvda in the needed files perhaps? I can try running it on my updated appliance you sent me, im just not sure where the drives are being referenced.

            Something like

            sed -i -e 's/sda/xvda/g' /etc/whatever.conf? 
            
            
            AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • AtaxyaNetworkA
              AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @flakpyro
              last edited by

              @flakpyro it's a possibility, but I don't know how dell manage it appliance. But worth to try !

              F 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • A
                archw @AtaxyaNetwork
                last edited by

                @AtaxyaNetwork
                BTW...how in the world did you add the guest tools? I messed around with that while watching two movies a few Sundays ago and finally gave up!

                AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • F
                  flakpyro @AtaxyaNetwork
                  last edited by

                  @AtaxyaNetwork are you able to list the files that require these drive name modifications? I can try changing them on the latest updated version of the appliance.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • AtaxyaNetworkA
                    AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @archw
                    last edited by

                    @archw I added them in live mode, when I was chrooed in the SLES disk. But I have a problem with SELinux, sometimes the tools are not working because SELinux block the service. For now, I deactivated SELinux, but I don't like this workaround.

                    @flakpyro the two files are

                        /opt/dell/omc/utilities/tui/bin/ome_disk_config.sh
                        /opt/dell/mcsi/appliance/scripts/appliance_ressource.sh
                    
                    AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • AtaxyaNetworkA
                      AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @AtaxyaNetwork
                      last edited by

                      I just updated my appliance to the latest version, and found a way to add ssh support on it.
                      If someone want the latest version, ping me !

                      A 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        archw @AtaxyaNetwork
                        last edited by

                        @AtaxyaNetwork
                        I do!

                        AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • AtaxyaNetworkA
                          AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @archw
                          last edited by

                          @archw let me export it and put it in my Nextcloud, and I'll send the link in DM 🙂

                          P 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • P
                            pctechsolution @AtaxyaNetwork
                            last edited by

                            @AtaxyaNetwork That's amazing. Thank you so much for working on this project. Can I also get the latest update with added SSH support?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              joncuddy
                              last edited by

                              @AtaxyaNetwork Amazing!

                              Will you be posting an updated blog entry on how you managed to convert OME over to XCP? Could I get a link to the appliance too?
                              Thanks a million for this.

                              AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • AtaxyaNetworkA
                                AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @joncuddy
                                last edited by

                                @joncuddy @pctechsolution @archw Link send in DM 🙂

                                R 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • R
                                  reiichi001 @AtaxyaNetwork
                                  last edited by

                                  @AtaxyaNetwork could you please DM me a link to the current appliance you've been working on? I just started going through the same before coming across your blog.

                                  AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • AtaxyaNetworkA
                                    AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @reiichi001
                                    last edited by

                                    @reiichi001 Link sent in DM 🙂

                                    P 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • P
                                      pctechsolution @AtaxyaNetwork
                                      last edited by

                                      @AtaxyaNetwork Still testing latest version. So far working very nice including the SSH. Next trying to import a wildcard SSL but having some issues.

                                      AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • AtaxyaNetworkA
                                        AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @pctechsolution
                                        last edited by

                                        @pctechsolution Thanks for the feedback !
                                        Do you have any error messages about the SSL issue ?

                                        P 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • P
                                          pctechsolution @AtaxyaNetwork
                                          last edited by

                                          @AtaxyaNetwork I'm not able to import a wildcard SSL from say like GoDaddy. Or not sure how to quickly sign my own cert without having a signing server.

                                          AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • AtaxyaNetworkA
                                            AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @pctechsolution
                                            last edited by

                                            @pctechsolution unfortunately I don't know how dell is managing SSL cert. I'll try to take a look

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post