XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Issue Importing Dell PPDM OVA into XOA

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved Xen Orchestra
    11 Posts 4 Posters 2.3k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • AtaxyaNetworkA
      AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @jeffrey_lim
      last edited by

      @jeffrey_lim Hi !

      I guess is something like the OME appliance (missing Xen driver, see https://xcp-ng.org/forum/post/92384)

      Do you have the link to download the appliance, so I can see if I can make it boot ?

      J 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • J
        jeffrey_lim @AtaxyaNetwork
        last edited by

        Hi @AtaxyaNetwork,

        Thanks for the prompt reply! Yes I have attached the link for you to download the OVA file but you need to have Dell account in order to download it. I tried to upload to the forum but it's limit to 2048kb size. Do let me know how I can send it over to you.

        URL - https://www.dell.com/support/product-details/en-sg/product/enterprise-copy-data-management/drivers

        screenshots.png

        AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • AtaxyaNetworkA
          AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @jeffrey_lim
          last edited by

          @jeffrey_lim unfortunately I don't have a Dell account 😞
          I will send you a link in DM so you can upload it on my nextcloud

          AtaxyaNetworkA 2 Replies Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • AtaxyaNetworkA
            AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @AtaxyaNetwork
            last edited by

            For reference, I got the OVA, import in progress on my pool , hoping is "just" a driver issue

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              🀞

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • AtaxyaNetworkA
                AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @AtaxyaNetwork
                last edited by

                @AtaxyaNetwork So the issue was in fact the drivers missing. The appliance is now booting
                However, I can't figure how to configure the appliance to access the web page.
                (I played with the network config, hostname, etc)

                So for now, I have this:
                73311fd4-a95d-42bb-9436-74345ad923f7-image.png

                I think the appliance is trying to use the vmware tools to get some infos, but since we are not on vmware...
                I'll try to bypass it

                J 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  jeffrey_lim @AtaxyaNetwork
                  last edited by

                  @AtaxyaNetwork ok that’s great to hear! Do let me know if you need more info, I can DM you.

                  AtaxyaNetworkA Z 2 Replies Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • AtaxyaNetworkA
                    AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @jeffrey_lim
                    last edited by

                    @jeffrey_lim I finally figured it out (thanks to my best friend grep)

                    The configured_appliance command is not working by default because the alias is not set by puppet, but with the full path, I can start the installation and provide network info.

                    5c6b92bf-73b0-4e30-8951-c9037a34ecf9-image.png

                    I need to regenerate a clean image, since I played with the current one too much.

                    @jeffrey_lim do you want me to pre-install the appliance with your network infos, or do you just want the steps to configure it ?

                    AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1
                    • Z
                      zobra @jeffrey_lim
                      last edited by

                      @jeffrey_lim Sorry if this is unrelated, but can you please check your DMs? Thank you.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • AtaxyaNetworkA
                        AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @AtaxyaNetwork
                        last edited by

                        Edit to my previous post: the script is checking for working DNS, so i cannot pre-setup network.
                        If you want the fixed applicance with the drivers installed, ping me !

                        To setup the network, you just need to login (root/changeme, yeah the password is... bleh), and launch the script /usr/local/brs/puppet/scripts/install.sh -lui

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post