XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    XCP-ng Center 25.04 Released

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved News
    28 Posts 14 Posters 51.7k Views 13 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • uberiainU
      uberiain @michael.manley
      last edited by

      @michael.manley

      Hello, I am in the process of migrating from XenServer 8.2 CU 1 first to XCP-ng 8.2 and then to XCP-ng 8.3. I am more used to using XenCenter, therefore I try to use XCP-ng Center to access the machines with XenServer 8.2 CU 1 and the machines with XCP-ng both 8.2 and 8.3, but this version does not allow me to access XenServer. I have verified that by changing [Citrix Hypervisor] to Citrix Hypervisor in Branding.resx I can access both environments without problems. Is this change possible in XCP-ng Center?

      michael.manleyM 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • michael.manleyM
        michael.manley XCP-ng Center Team @uberiain
        last edited by

        @uberiain Can you show me the exact error, also if possible, install the PDB's and send me the XCP-ng Center.log file (Accessable under Help > View XCP-ng Center Log Files) after attempting a connection, this will allow me to further debug this.

        uberiainU 2 Replies Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • uberiainU
          uberiain @michael.manley
          last edited by

          @michael.manley
          Hi, These are the results of the execution:

          Error.png

          and the log and settings:
          Settings.txt
          XCP-ng Center.txt

          Debuggin XCP-Center I see in this
          private static bool SameProductBrand(Host host)
          {
          var brand = host.ProductBrand();
          return brand == BrandManager.ProductBrand || brand == BrandManager.LegacyProduct ||
          BrandManager.ProductBrand == "[XenServerProduct]";
          }
          The value of brand is "Citrix Hypervisor" and BrandManager.LegacyProduct is "[Citrix Hypervisor]"
          If I set in Branding.resx this:
          <data name="LEGACY_PRODUCT" xml:space="preserve">
          <value>Citrix Hypervisor</value>
          </data>

          M 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • uberiainU
            uberiain @michael.manley
            last edited by

            @michael.manley

            Hi this is the result with pdb installed:

            error.png

            and:

            Settings.txt

            and the log:

            XCP-ng Center.txt

            michael.manleyM 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • michael.manleyM
              michael.manley XCP-ng Center Team @uberiain
              last edited by

              @uberiain I think i got it to work on 8.4 (Though in that version it uses XenServer) and I also added Citrix Hypervisor to that check as well just to be safe, but look @ the newest vNext build in GitHub Actions for a build that supports that.

              uberiainU 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • A
                Andrew Top contributor @michael.manley
                last edited by

                @michael.manley Thanks for the update! I still use it, mostly for the direct (not web based) console and it can still do a few things XO does not.

                The update did not replace the old version (also different install location), but that's ok. I just uninstalled the old one and reconnected to the XCP servers.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • uberiainU
                  uberiain @michael.manley
                  last edited by

                  @michael.manley
                  Hi, I test Build 25120 ( rev: d7ac261f ) and Is working with XenServer 8.2 CU 1 and XCP-ng 8.2 LTS.

                  Great Work, thanks for all

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • L
                    LukeBlodgett
                    last edited by

                    Working well for me on XCP 8.3. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • C
                      crismarcul
                      last edited by

                      Hello, I noticed that in this new version there is no option to connect to the server via Active Directory. I still use version 20.04.01 and this feature would be very useful. I would appreciate it if you could return this option.

                      C michael.manleyM 2 Replies Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        crismarcul @crismarcul
                        last edited by

                        said in XCP-ng Center 25.04 Released:

                        Hello, I noticed that in this new version there is no option to connect to the server via Active Directory. I still use version 20.04.01 and this feature would be very useful. I would appreciate it if you could return this option.

                        @michael.manley

                        D 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          DeOccultist @crismarcul
                          last edited by

                          @crismarcul Yes, I would also like this option. It is essential.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • michael.manleyM
                            michael.manley XCP-ng Center Team @crismarcul
                            last edited by

                            @crismarcul Authenticate via AD or somthing else? I remember seeing before that the auth via AD code in XCP-ng itself was removed to require use of XO instead but I'm not 100% sure.

                            D A 2 Replies Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              DeOccultist @michael.manley
                              last edited by

                              @michael.manley The "Join Domain" option in the Users tab.
                              Keeping this will be very useful.
                              2b418719-8606-4a11-869f-8285136543e7-image.png

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • uberiainU
                                uberiain
                                last edited by

                                Hi, with this modification on MainWindow.cs in

                                        private List<TabPage> GetNewTabPages()
                                

                                adding this at the end:

                                           if (!multi && !SearchMode && (isPoolSelected || isHostSelected && isHostLive))
                                                newTabs.Add(TabPageAD);
                                

                                the AD tab appears:
                                TAbAd 2.png

                                I test this modification and is working.

                                Maybe @michael.manley can update this and the modification to support attach iSCSI SR without error with gfs2

                                D D 2 Replies Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • D
                                  Dude417
                                  last edited by

                                  Lovin' this.... thank you for picking it up. Great tool to have.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • D
                                    DustinB @uberiain
                                    last edited by

                                    @uberiain said in XCP-ng Center 25.04 Released:

                                    Maybe @michael.manley can update this and the modification to support attach iSCSI SR without error with gfs2

                                    GFS2 isn't supported in XCP-ng at all, and is only supported in Citrix Hypervisor, the fact that it works is pure chance.

                                    uberiainU 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • uberiainU
                                      uberiain @DustinB
                                      last edited by

                                      @DustinB I think I expressed myself poorly; the iSCSI SR creation test does not remove the gfs2 check and does not allow it to be created as LVM.

                                      In LVMoISCSI.cs if you set:

                                      var performSecondProbe = Helpers.KolkataOrGreater(Connection) && !Helpers.FeatureForbidden(Connection, Host.RestrictCorosync);
                                      

                                      The SR can be created.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • ?
                                        A Former User @michael.manley
                                        last edited by

                                        This post is deleted!
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • J
                                          JBlessing @michael.manley
                                          last edited by

                                          @michael.manley
                                          Sorry to ask, but I can not find any code/compiled program to download on this page.
                                          I find this github page not user friendly at all - maybe fine for developers, not for users. Maybe I just dont see it...

                                          Could you please shed some light on it, that I can download it?
                                          Thanks for your help!

                                          ? 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • ?
                                            A Former User @JBlessing
                                            last edited by

                                            @JBlessing At the bottom of the release page (https://github.com/xcp-ng/xenadmin/releases/tag/v25.04) are the links to download either the MSI installer or a Zip file containing the entire application (if you want a portable package).

                                            Screenshot 2025-07-04 072527.png

                                            J 1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post