XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Host time and XOA time are not consistent with each other

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Compute
    6 Posts 2 Posters 1.4k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • E
      edisoninfo
      last edited by

      I installed the pool patches and updated the host, rebooted and this is the error I get in XO now beside each VM. I have checked the time and it seems to be the same in both. What to check next?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • E
        edisoninfo @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert Sorry for the noise. The issue turned out to be a DNS issue. The IT guys nightmare is when a client says "I didn't touch it"! Ha! well, I didn't! Yet somehow DNS stopped working during the update and left the host and xoa in a strange state and of course NTP could not update. I fixed the resolve.conf and 99 patches showed up in the pool. I will install those after hours and I hope all will be well after that.

        Thank you for the response.

        olivierlambertO 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 2
        • olivierlambertO
          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
          last edited by

          That you have NTP correctly configured/enabled everywhere

          E 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • E
            edisoninfo @olivierlambert
            last edited by

            @olivierlambert I have never had to do anything with NTP on my xcp-ng installs in the past. This is a system that has been up for a couple years and now it decides this after an update. I did check NTP on both the host and the XO vm and both "seem" to be working.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              If the message is displayed, there is a reason. Please do a timdatectl status on your XOA

              E 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • E
                edisoninfo @olivierlambert
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert Sorry for the noise. The issue turned out to be a DNS issue. The IT guys nightmare is when a client says "I didn't touch it"! Ha! well, I didn't! Yet somehow DNS stopped working during the update and left the host and xoa in a strange state and of course NTP could not update. I fixed the resolve.conf and 99 patches showed up in the pool. I will install those after hours and I hope all will be well after that.

                Thank you for the response.

                olivierlambertO 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 2
                • olivierlambertO
                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO @edisoninfo
                  last edited by

                  @edisoninfo Great!

                  This warning is a life saver and did perfectly its job, allowing you to discover a hidden issue 🙂 Glad you found the root cause!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO olivierlambert marked this topic as a question on
                  • olivierlambertO olivierlambert has marked this topic as solved on

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  • First post
                    Last post