XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Problems import vm Vmware to Xcp-ng from import Vmware and OVA

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Migrate to XCP-ng
    15 Posts 4 Posters 6.3k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • florentF
      florent Vates 🪐 XO Team @olivluca
      last edited by

      @olivluca it looks like a network issue , can XO access the vsphere/esxi through NBD ?

      olivlucaO 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivlucaO
        olivluca @florent
        last edited by olivluca

        @florent port 902 is accessible, however if I try port 443 I see that it has an expired certificate

        Edit: I regenerated the certificate on the esxi host, now it's no longer expired but it's still self signed. Same error when trying to import the vm.

        florentF 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • florentF
          florent Vates 🪐 XO Team @olivluca
          last edited by

          @olivluca even with the self signed toggled on ?

          olivlucaO 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivlucaO
            olivluca @florent
            last edited by

            @florent where?

            florentF 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • florentF
              florent Vates 🪐 XO Team @olivluca
              last edited by

              @olivluca skip ssl check in the import form

              olivlucaO 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olivlucaO
                olivluca @florent
                last edited by

                @florent said in Problems import vm Vmware to Xcp-ng from import Vmware and OVA:

                @olivluca skip ssl check in the import form

                I already did that. In fact it connects and I can get a list of VMs to import.

                I 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • I
                  ItzJay @olivluca
                  last edited by

                  @olivluca Did you ever find a solution to this?
                  Experiencing similar issues

                  olivlucaO 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivlucaO
                    olivluca @ItzJay
                    last edited by

                    @ItzJay nope, i had to export the machine from vmware and import it in xo

                    florentF 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1
                    • florentF
                      florent Vates 🪐 XO Team @olivluca
                      last edited by

                      @olivluca what are your base os ? because on a XOA, I thik gnutls ins installed, so nbdkit is compiled with tls supports

                      I olivlucaO 2 Replies Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • I
                        ItzJay @florent
                        last edited by

                        @florent By base OS you mean the based Debian XOA appliance?

                        florentF 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • florentF
                          florent Vates 🪐 XO Team @ItzJay
                          last edited by

                          @ItzJay said in Problems import vm Vmware to Xcp-ng from import Vmware and OVA:

                          @florent By base OS you mean the based Debian XOA appliance?

                          yes , I was not sure it was a XOA. If it's a xoa, how old is it ? would it be ok to open a ticket so we can check it on monday ?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • olivlucaO
                            olivluca @florent
                            last edited by

                            @florent

                            root@xo-server:~# lsb_release -a
                            No LSB modules are available.
                            Distributor ID: Debian
                            Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
                            Release:        12
                            Codename:       bookworm
                            
                            root@xo-server:~# dpkg -l | grep gnutls
                            ii  libcurl3-gnutls:amd64                   7.88.1-10+deb12u12                  amd64        easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (GnuTLS flavour)
                            ii  libgnutls30:amd64                       3.7.9-2                             amd64        GNU TLS library - main runtime library
                            ii  libsrt1.5-gnutls:amd64                  1.5.1-1                             amd64        Secure Reliable Transport UDP streaming library (GnuTLS flavour)
                            
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            • First post
                              Last post