XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Sources upgrade - can't restore backups ('invalid parameters')

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    14 Posts 4 Posters 3.3k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T
      Tackyone @Danp
      last edited by

      @danp

      Ok - I created a new backup job, for a small VM (again, delta backup) - going to a new test remote.

      The backup ran - as it's the first time, it did a full copy as you'd expect, and it completed ok.

      I cannot restore it either - shows the same 'invalid parameters' error - and the log details shows the same '"should not contains property ["settings"]"' 😞

      Backend server is XCP-ng 8.2

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • T
        Tackyone @Danp
        last edited by

        @danp
        Hi, don't know if you were suggesting I do the rebuild or @jmccoy555 - but I've tried rebuilding re-checking out - and yarn clean / yarn built et'al - and still have the same error.

        DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • DanpD
          Danp Pro Support Team @Tackyone
          last edited by

          @tackyone Are you able to test this with XOA to check if the error also occurs there?

          T 2 Replies Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • J
            jmccoy555
            last edited by

            Just rebuilt to xo-server 5.81.2 / xo-web 5.86.0

            Removing the Proxy from the remote and it looks like everything is good. Restored backup taken in Dec 2019.... so plenty of versions ago, and all is ok.

            Backups still work with the Proxy.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • T
              Tackyone @Danp
              last edited by

              @danp Hi - unfortunately not. I don't have access to XOA. I just tried to download the trial / starter edition, which can't restore - and I can't upgrade to the free trial - because I've already had a free trial 😞

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • T
                Tackyone @Danp
                last edited by

                @danp I think there's something out of sync somewhere (though I was careful this was a new/fresh clone of git master) - I can't create VM's either (e.g. ""message": "should not contains property ["bypassMacAddressesCheck"]"".

                I'll do a completely clean build not upgrade and see if it's still happening...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • T
                  Tackyone
                  last edited by

                  Ok, full rebuild from nothing seems to have fixed it... Bonus points if someone can suggest how I can copy the settings from the previous instance to this one?

                  /var/lib/xo-server/data/leveldb doesn't seem to like being copied (even with XO shutdown).

                  It'd be great to be able to pull the backup jobs over.

                  DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • DanpD
                    Danp Pro Support Team @Tackyone
                    last edited by

                    @tackyone Just export the config from the old VM and import into the new one

                    T 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      Tackyone @Danp
                      last edited by

                      @danp I'd convinced myself that the 'Export Settings' option didn't work when XO was compiled from sources 😞

                      I've just tried it now, and it does work - what was happening (literally all this time!) is Safari pops up the tiniest "Popup window blocked" icon in the address bar you've ever seen. Click that - and the download starts 🤦

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olivierlambertO
                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                        last edited by

                        FYI, you can always ask for another XOA trial when you need it 🙂

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post