XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    xapi seems to broken after a Power Failure

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Compute
    58 Posts 3 Posters 40.6k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • LunarstarPonyL
      LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
      last edited by

      @olivierlambert I now have both server in a Pool now and I'll also remember to backup them as well

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • LunarstarPonyL
        LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert How can I backup Metadata directly? Seems like I'll need at least Enterprise if I want to backup it via XOA

        LunarstarPonyL 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • LunarstarPonyL
          LunarstarPony @LunarstarPony
          last edited by

          @LunarstarPony Either via Command line or SFTP or XCP-ng Center?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            In XO: New backup/Metadata/Pool Metadata, select the backup repository, and that's it 🙂

            What XOA Edition do you have?

            LunarstarPonyL 2 Replies Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • LunarstarPonyL
              LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
              last edited by

              @olivierlambert Oh I got it working! Thanks a lot!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • LunarstarPonyL
                LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                last edited by LunarstarPony

                @olivierlambert Oh BTW Since now I got a remote storage using NFS and I notice we got a thick provisioned disk(lvm), if I migrate the disk from that server to our new NFS Remote Storage, will that make the Virtual Disk thin and release the extra spaces? or it will remain as a Thick provisioned disk?

                LunarstarPonyL 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • LunarstarPonyL
                  LunarstarPony @LunarstarPony
                  last edited by

                  @LunarstarPony If it will still remain as a thick provisioned disk is there a way to change it to thin and reclaim space?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO
                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                    last edited by

                    Yes it will be instantly thin on destination.

                    LunarstarPonyL 2 Replies Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • LunarstarPonyL
                      LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                      last edited by

                      @olivierlambert said in xapi seems to broken after a Power Failure:

                      es it will be instantly thin on destination.

                      Okie So I should be able to just move all the VMs to our new Remote Storage then

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • LunarstarPonyL
                        LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                        last edited by LunarstarPony

                        @olivierlambert 2022-03-17T13_23_49.725Z - XO.txt
                        I'm having VDI_COPY_FAILED(End_of_file) issue while copying VMs rn Should I open a New post for this or you got any idea why this is happening?
                        I provide the log up there

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • olivierlambertO
                          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                          last edited by

                          Well, it's like the file couldn't be read correctly or corrupted. Can you try while the VM is off?

                          LunarstarPonyL 2 Replies Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • LunarstarPonyL
                            LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                            last edited by

                            This post is deleted!
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • LunarstarPonyL
                              LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                              last edited by

                              @olivierlambert Turn it off doesn't really help

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • olivierlambertO
                                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                last edited by

                                Can you try to copy this VDI on the same SR?

                                LunarstarPonyL 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • LunarstarPonyL
                                  LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                                  last edited by

                                  @olivierlambert Like Migrate VDI to the same SR? or

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • olivierlambertO
                                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                    last edited by

                                    xe vdi-copy in the same destination SR.

                                    LunarstarPonyL 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • LunarstarPonyL
                                      LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                                      last edited by

                                      @olivierlambert So xe vdi-copy {VDIUUID} ? Is this the command I should type in the console? I rarely go in there, or what would be the command I'll need to type

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olivierlambertO
                                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                        last edited by

                                        Use the UUID of your the current SR: https://xcp-ng.org/docs/cli_reference.html#vdi-copy

                                        LunarstarPonyL 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • LunarstarPonyL
                                          LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                                          last edited by

                                          @olivierlambert It also failed with the same error
                                          [22:46 xcp-ng-ksu-secondary ~]# xe vdi-copy uuid=cb81808d-69c3-43a1-bc3e-c6c3b0f61a39 sr-uuid=7a50c3d0-cce3-f98f-5685-664b02ff542f
                                          The VDI copy action has failed
                                          <extra>: End_of_file

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olivierlambertO
                                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                            last edited by

                                            So your VHD might be corrupted. You should use vhd-util to see what's going on on this VDI 🤔

                                            https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX139224

                                            LunarstarPonyL 3 Replies Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post