XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    xapi seems to broken after a Power Failure

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Compute
    58 Posts 3 Posters 40.6k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • LunarstarPonyL
      LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
      last edited by

      @olivierlambert Hugh Alright Sounds like I should able to just restore the backup and upgrade it again then?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • LunarstarPonyL
        LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert If that's the case I'd give it a go later

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • olivierlambertO
          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
          last edited by

          That's a possibility, yes. If you think the DB state back in there is still relevant and you didn't create a lot of VM since your upgrade.

          LunarstarPonyL 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • LunarstarPonyL
            LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
            last edited by

            @olivierlambert It does fixed the system issue even tho now there's quite a few of Orphan VDIs on the System but at least the server's back. Thx a lot!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              Great!

              Next time, don't forget to get metadata backup for the pool. At least, your XAPI DB will be saved!

              LunarstarPonyL 2 Replies Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • LunarstarPonyL
                LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert I now have both server in a Pool now and I'll also remember to backup them as well

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • LunarstarPonyL
                  LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                  last edited by

                  @olivierlambert How can I backup Metadata directly? Seems like I'll need at least Enterprise if I want to backup it via XOA

                  LunarstarPonyL 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • LunarstarPonyL
                    LunarstarPony @LunarstarPony
                    last edited by

                    @LunarstarPony Either via Command line or SFTP or XCP-ng Center?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by

                      In XO: New backup/Metadata/Pool Metadata, select the backup repository, and that's it 🙂

                      What XOA Edition do you have?

                      LunarstarPonyL 2 Replies Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • LunarstarPonyL
                        LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                        last edited by

                        @olivierlambert Oh I got it working! Thanks a lot!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • LunarstarPonyL
                          LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                          last edited by LunarstarPony

                          @olivierlambert Oh BTW Since now I got a remote storage using NFS and I notice we got a thick provisioned disk(lvm), if I migrate the disk from that server to our new NFS Remote Storage, will that make the Virtual Disk thin and release the extra spaces? or it will remain as a Thick provisioned disk?

                          LunarstarPonyL 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • LunarstarPonyL
                            LunarstarPony @LunarstarPony
                            last edited by

                            @LunarstarPony If it will still remain as a thick provisioned disk is there a way to change it to thin and reclaim space?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • olivierlambertO
                              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                              last edited by

                              Yes it will be instantly thin on destination.

                              LunarstarPonyL 2 Replies Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • LunarstarPonyL
                                LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                                last edited by

                                @olivierlambert said in xapi seems to broken after a Power Failure:

                                es it will be instantly thin on destination.

                                Okie So I should be able to just move all the VMs to our new Remote Storage then

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • LunarstarPonyL
                                  LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                                  last edited by LunarstarPony

                                  @olivierlambert 2022-03-17T13_23_49.725Z - XO.txt
                                  I'm having VDI_COPY_FAILED(End_of_file) issue while copying VMs rn Should I open a New post for this or you got any idea why this is happening?
                                  I provide the log up there

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • olivierlambertO
                                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                    last edited by

                                    Well, it's like the file couldn't be read correctly or corrupted. Can you try while the VM is off?

                                    LunarstarPonyL 2 Replies Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • LunarstarPonyL
                                      LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                                      last edited by

                                      This post is deleted!
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • LunarstarPonyL
                                        LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                                        last edited by

                                        @olivierlambert Turn it off doesn't really help

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • olivierlambertO
                                          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                          last edited by

                                          Can you try to copy this VDI on the same SR?

                                          LunarstarPonyL 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • LunarstarPonyL
                                            LunarstarPony @olivierlambert
                                            last edited by

                                            @olivierlambert Like Migrate VDI to the same SR? or

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post