XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Truenas Scales VM failed to start

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Compute
    44 Posts 3 Posters 19.0k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • jag5cofJ
      jag5cof @olivierlambert
      last edited by

      @olivierlambert I'm still getting this error - Key pci is not in map

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by olivierlambert

        Check if you have the PCI parameter enabled on the VM first:

        xe vm-param-list uuid=<VM UUID>

        jag5cofJ 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • jag5cofJ
          jag5cof @olivierlambert
          last edited by

          @olivierlambert What line am I'm looking for on the vm after the
          cmd is run

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            The other-config line 🙂 Paste it here

            jag5cofJ 2 Replies Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jag5cofJ
              jag5cof @olivierlambert
              last edited by

              @olivierlambert I'm not sure what you ar asking?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by

                Paste the output of xe vm-param-list uuid=<VM UUID> in here.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • jag5cofJ
                  jag5cof @olivierlambert
                  last edited by

                  @olivierlambert Do you think it would be easier to re-install truenas and not applied passthough

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO
                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                    last edited by

                    No. Just paste the result so we can see the content of the other-config field.

                    jag5cofJ 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • jag5cofJ
                      jag5cof @olivierlambert
                      last edited by

                      @olivierlambert ok, it's is very long.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olivierlambertO
                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                        last edited by

                        You can just paste the line with other-config:

                        jag5cofJ 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • jag5cofJ
                          jag5cof @olivierlambert
                          last edited by olivierlambert

                          @olivierlambert

                          other-config (MRW): pci: 0/0000:03:00.0; auto_poweron: true; xo:b9a7f807: {"creation":{"date":"2023-09-22T18:53:41.645Z","template":"3de5e9c4-bafa-4f20-8720-7788e0eab29e","user":"a7544dd9-a75f-4efb-a624-df74be00ab2b"}}; base_template_name: Debian Bookworm 12; import_task: OpaqueRef:2fbd30f0-79c3-4fe7-93c4-2fb519e1b9a1; mac_seed: 735a05db-2ac0-fa52-dd17-7d1a3dee98c3; install-methods: cdrom,nfs,http,ftp; linux_template: true
                                                          dom-id ( RO): -1
                                                 recommendations ( RO): <restrictions><restriction field="memory-static-max" max="1649267441664"/><restriction field="vcpus-max" max="32"/><restriction field="has-vendor-device" value="false"/><restriction field="allow-gpu-passthrough" value="1"/><restriction field="allow-vgpu" value="1"/><restriction field="allow-network-sriov" value="1"/><restriction field="supports-bios" value="yes"/><restriction field="supports-uefi" value="no"/><restriction field="supports-secure-boot" value="no"/><restriction max="255" property="number-of-vbds"/><restriction max="7" property="number-of-vifs"/></restrictions>
                                                   xenstore-data (MRW): vm-data/mmio-hole-size: 536870912; vm-data:
                          
                          
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • olivierlambertO
                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                            last edited by

                            So yes, it's still there. Double check the UUID and that you are typing correctly:

                            xe vm-param-remove param-name=other-config param-key=pci uuid=<use the UUID of the VM>

                            jag5cofJ 2 Replies Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • jag5cofJ
                              jag5cof @olivierlambert
                              last edited by

                              @olivierlambert I ran the command on my Truenas vm. No error. Will I need to reboot my host?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • jag5cofJ
                                jag5cof @olivierlambert
                                last edited by olivierlambert

                                @olivierlambert I still see other -config

                                other-config (MRW): auto_poweron: true; xo:b9a7f807: {"creation":{"date":"2023-09-22T18:53:41.645Z","template":"3de5e9c4-bafa-4f20-8720-7788e0eab29e","user":"a7544dd9-a75f-4efb-a624-df74be00ab2b"}}; base_template_name: Debian Bookworm 12; import_task: OpaqueRef:2fbd30f0-79c3-4fe7-93c4-2fb519e1b9a1; mac_seed: 735a05db-2ac0-fa52-dd17-7d1a3dee98c3; install-methods: cdrom,nfs,http,ftp; linux_template: true
                                
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • olivierlambertO
                                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                  last edited by

                                  So it's clear to me, now you can boot the VM 🙂

                                  jag5cofJ 3 Replies Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • jag5cofJ
                                    jag5cof @olivierlambert
                                    last edited by

                                    @olivierlambert I did but now I have an issue with my Truenas Pool, it doest show it.
                                    But I want to think for all the help

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • jag5cofJ
                                      jag5cof @olivierlambert
                                      last edited by

                                      @olivierlambert When I first setup Truenas Scales, I had to pass sata controller so truenas could see the drivers. I have forgotten how I did it. Can you help

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • jag5cofJ
                                        jag5cof @olivierlambert
                                        last edited by

                                        @olivierlambert I manged to restore my Truenas system

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 1
                                        • olivierlambertO
                                          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                          last edited by

                                          Great news! Now everything is working as you wanted?

                                          jag5cofJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • jag5cofJ
                                            jag5cof @olivierlambert
                                            last edited by

                                            @olivierlambert yes, I found how to passthough sata controller

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 1
                                            • olivierlambertO olivierlambert marked this topic as a question on

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post