XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    windows physical to virtual

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Migrate to XCP-ng
    12 Posts 4 Posters 4.6k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      DustinB
      last edited by

      I'm not sure if you would have to convert it to OVA or XVA but you would normally just import it.

      b5c166ec-02ae-4400-aa78-abd0a0c8cbb3-image.png

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • E
        elentescaro13
        last edited by

        This post is deleted!
        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • E
          elentescaro13
          last edited by

          I will import it through XCP-ng Center, but should it be in VHD? I remember reading somewhere that it needs to be VHDX for XCP-NG Center

          D 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • D
            DustinB @elentescaro13
            last edited by DustinB

            @elentescaro13 said in windows physical to virtual:

            I will import it through XCP-ng Center, but should it be in VHD? I remember reading somewhere that it needs to be VHDX for XCP-NG Center

            Well XCP-ng center may work, its not the tool of choice for this type of work. Xen Orchestra or XOA would be the ideal ways

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • E
              elentescaro13
              last edited by

              I understand, can you guide me on how to install and use XO?

              D 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                DustinB @elentescaro13
                last edited by

                @elentescaro13 said in windows physical to virtual:

                I understand, can you guide me on how to install and use XO?

                There is documentation on the website "installing XO from source" or you can google search it. I have a GitHub repo myself that makes the installation process very straight-forward.

                E 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • DanpD
                  Danp Pro Support Team
                  last edited by

                  If you want to try out the pre-built appliance (XOA), then you can deploy it from here.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • E
                    elentescaro13 @DustinB
                    last edited by

                    @DustinB Oh cool, can you please send me the link to the GitHub repository?

                    D 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      DustinB @elentescaro13
                      last edited by

                      @elentescaro13 check your DMs

                      D 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        DustinB @DustinB
                        last edited by

                        @elentescaro13 all set?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post