Subcategories

  • VMs, hosts, pools, networks and all other usual management tasks.

    491 Topics
    4k Posts
    poddingueP
    I tried this on my lab (with XO 6.9.1), moving the pool master to the other host with xe pool-designate-new-master and then back. XO stayed connected both times and picked up the new master, even though Settings > Servers still showed the old host's address; on the way back it took a minute or two to catch up. I didn't test 6.2.2, and I used the CLI rather than the XO 5 Advanced tab, so my guess that your older version is the difference is only a guess. For the XVA, I'm not aware of release notes for the appliance image itself: it updates itself after import, and the notes that exist are per XO version, in the monthly blog post and the changelog, both linked from https://docs.xen-orchestra.com/getting-started/releases#release-cadence-and-channels . How often the downloadable XVA gets rebuilt I don't know, so the 2025.12 tag may just be the date of the base image, but I'd rather ask than guess.
  • ACLs, Self-service, Cloud-init, Load balancing...

    106 Topics
    870 Posts
    D
    I ran into the same problem with DR replicas. Ignoring VMs by tag would solve the problem, but so would excluding the ip address information.
  • All XO backup features: full and incremental, replication, mirrors...

    538 Topics
    6k Posts
    J
    Hi! We recieved a fix via the support after opening a ticket as suggested. Now the pool metadata backup is running smoothly again. As far as i know 6.9 will become "stable" after 6.10 is released. I'd still suggest a patch for the stable version, unless the new release is a few days. Best wishes Jacob
  • Everything related to Xen Orchestra's REST API

    88 Topics
    654 Posts
    poddingueP
    Pretty cool, @samuelolavo, thanks for clarifying!
  • Terraform, Packer or any tool to do IaC

    53 Topics
    495 Posts
    bvitnikB
    @bug-meister My opinion is that cloud-init should be used only for the most basic stuff like initial network configuration, initial user creation and credentials injection. As soon as you gain the ability to access the VM, some more robust configuration management solution like Ansible should take over. ansible-pull mechanism is in today's day and age effectively deprecated. Just run Ansible after the VM has been provisioned to apply the configuration. If you need to call Ansible as soon as VM is provisioned without any manual invocation, you can have Terraform provision the VM and call Ansible right after that. You can even use pure Ansible for both - provisioning, with my community.general.xenserver_guest module, and configuration. You just invoke Ansible once and everything will be done in one go. The only drawback is that my module does not support cloud-init so you would need some trickery to do the stuff.