Change Pool Master does not update connection string in XOA
-
When changing pool master via Pool->Advanced->Master, XOA does not update its server connection string, so it looses connection after the change of master. Of course, it is easy to change the connection string manually after the fact, but I think this could be improved, especially since the change is done via the XOA interface.


-
P poddingue marked this topic as a question
-
XO is supposed to follow a master change by itself, at least on paper.

When it opens a session on a host that's no longer the master, XAPI answers
HOST_IS_SLAVEwith the new master's address and XO switches to it, and since 6.7.0 it also tries the other pool members when the stored host stops answering (https://github.com/vatesfr/xen-orchestra/pull/10016).
It doesn't rewrite the address you saved in Settings > Servers, though, so that entry keeps the old host, which is what your second screenshot shows. So I'd have expected a reconnect rather than a lost connection, but I haven't tried it myself.Which XOA version are you on? If it's 6.7 or later and it still drops, that's useful to know, and I could well be missing a case.
-
@poddingue I'm using XOA 6.2.2. Unfortunately not able to update at the moment.
Which reminds me of another thing. Where is there release information for the XOA XVA itself? When I login to my account, there is only the download button but no information on what version it is.
I would like to know when a new version is published and a changelog for it.When I import the current XVA it is tagged with 2025.12

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login