XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    is Xo Proxy available in community version

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved Xen Orchestra
    16 Posts 8 Posters 3.3k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B
      bogdantomasciuc
      last edited by

      Still there is no documented way to deploy a proxy from sources. Is there any plan to document a wy to deploy proxy from sources. I am using a "hacky" version installed from sources but there are constant licensing checks that break functionality and would like to use an installation that is as close to the intented way of functioning as possible.
      Also congratulations on an awesome progect! 🙂

      P 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • P
        Pilow @bogdantomasciuc
        last edited by

        @bogdantomasciuc check https://github.com/ronivay/xenorchestrainstallerupdater
        it manages XO Proxies

        and ping @acebmxer in the forums who has developped an equivalent

        B 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          bogdantomasciuc @Pilow
          last edited by

          @Pilow Thanks. I am using that script (Ronivay) but proxy is broken at the moment. Backups complete but the status is failed due to some piece of code that checks for license and returns "Fetch failed". I would like to use a documented albeit unsuported version of xo-proxy without having to comment license checks and the likes. 🙂

          acebmxerA 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • acebmxerA
            acebmxer @bogdantomasciuc
            last edited by acebmxer

            @bogdantomasciuc

            Hello, Yes my script does offer to install xo-proxy and handles some of the licensing issues. You may give my script a try and let me know if you having any further issues i can try to work them out. I advise setting up a new vm for XO as the two script are not compatible that i am aware of.

            https://xcp-ng.org/forum/topic/11895/install-xo-from-sources.
            https://github.com/acebmxer/install_xen_orchestra/

            B 2 Replies Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • B
              bogdantomasciuc @acebmxer
              last edited by

              @acebmxer Thank you for the reply! I will give it a try installing a new VM and restoring the config from the current VM. Thanx again!

              poddingueP 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • poddingueP
                poddingue Vates 🪐 @bogdantomasciuc
                last edited by

                That question has come round three times on this thread since 2020, so it isn't a one-off.
                I'd rather not promise documentation I can't deliver, but I can take it to the people who decide and come back here either way, including if the answer is that proxy deployment stays an XOA thing.
                On the licensing side I'd sooner not encourage patching those checks out, mostly because I don't know what they're guarding.
                In the meantime, the two community scripts in this thread are what people are actually running, which is worth saying plainly even though it isn't the documented path you asked for.

                B 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • poddingueP poddingue marked this topic as a question on
                • B
                  bogdantomasciuc @poddingue
                  last edited by

                  @poddingue Fistst of all I appreciate your answer and your position.
                  The thing is that, even though the proxy code itself is opensource, the functionality of the plugin is basicaly behind a paywall. We are not talking about support. Actual functioning of the plugin after compiling from sources depends on license availability and there is no option to select no support or something along the lines "I built it myself from sources". Without patching the code even though the proxy is otherwise functional the backups won't work because of missing license. Hopefully the powers that can will provide an acceptable albeit community supported way to use the proxy cleanly, without touching license checks. Best regards!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • B
                    bogdantomasciuc
                    last edited by

                    Just pinging this thread to keep it alive as an answer is still very much of interest.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • B
                      bogdantomasciuc @acebmxer
                      last edited by

                      Hey @acebmxer! I gave the project a try but it does not fully work with proxies at the moment - same as the project I was running. They deploy fine but servers behind proxy don't connect in the servers page. So unless the servers are otherwise connected to xo they won't connect through the proxy. This issue is present in another similar project after the recent upstream changes to xo-proxy and xo. Are you aware of this and is there any plan to support xo-proxy connection again? PS. The project looks awesome and am in the process to moving to a new XO instance based on it - I'm just having a few quirks with certificate and LE to iron out!

                      acebmxerA 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • acebmxerA
                        acebmxer @bogdantomasciuc
                        last edited by

                        @bogdantomasciuc

                        Thanks for trying it! This one comes from upstream Xen Orchestra, not the installer. A change in XO's connection library (around 2026-09-09) left servers set to connect through an HTTPS proxy that supports HTTP/2, such as XO Proxy, stuck in Connecting. Vates fixed it in #10507 and released it in XO 6.9.1 (2026-10-05). That's also why the other project broke the same way.

                        Running --update should pull the fix, since the installer builds from master by default. If servers behind the proxy still won't connect after updating, please open an issue with what the Servers page shows and I'll dig in.

                        Side - note the disable license check is no longer needed as that appears not to be gated by the license check.

                        I have pushed these changes to the Dev branch. You should be able to switch to the dev branch and run the update ...

                        git fetch origin
                        git switch dev
                        ./install-xen-orchestra.sh

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post