XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    mapping NFS storage from XO fails, but works fine from terminal?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    13 Posts 4 Posters 4.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • DanpD
      Danp Pro Support Team
      last edited by

      You failed to show us your settings in XO where you attempted to establish the NFS connection. I assume you were doing this under Settings > Remotes, correct?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • L
        linkandzelda
        last edited by linkandzelda

        I went to the plus icon on the bottom of the left menu bar in XO, then storage
        I selected my host (mind you there's only one)
        gave it a name/description
        then chose "NFS" under select storage type.

        I added another pic to the imgur album

        edit: also tried through the settings > remotes menu for fun, also doesn't work

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • DanpD
          Danp Pro Support Team
          last edited by

          From your recent screenshots, I assume that you are wanting to create an NFS SR. If that's correct, then you can ignore my earlier comment about Settings > Remotes.

          Are you receiving the error when you click the Search button (magnifying glass icon) after entering the IP address?

          L 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • L
            linkandzelda @Danp
            last edited by

            @Danp yes, it takes a long time but eventually I get the error messages you can see in the screenshot of logs

            that is: "Cannot read property 'nfs-exports' of null"

            if it helps any the server is running nfs 4, I'm struggling to figure out how to monitor logs from it but if anyone wants to give me a tip on that I can then post any error messages I get from the server side too.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • DanpD
              Danp Pro Support Team
              last edited by

              I assume you are running XO from sources. Have you tried with XOA?

              Also, you may want to review this issue -- https://github.com/vatesfr/xen-orchestra/issues/1845

              L 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • L
                linkandzelda @Danp
                last edited by

                @Danp yeah I used the installerupdater script, not 100% sure what the difference is between the two but I'll read up, and will check that link, ty

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • T
                  tony
                  last edited by

                  @dewittgarry whats the result of

                  showmount -e 192.168.100.1
                  
                  L 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • L
                    linkandzelda @tony
                    last edited by

                    @tony
                    "rpc mount export: RPC: Timed out"

                    some more images, I also tried on a laptop I had lying around, same issue, and I found some entries in firewall logs showing it blocking xcp-ng at some random ephemeral ports.

                    also not that it really helps but I can showmount from the server to the server so at least nfs is replying to requests even if it's just from itself

                    https://imgur.com/a/1ILqExG

                    ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ForzaF
                      Forza @linkandzelda
                      last edited by

                      @dewittgarry a small tip. You can upload or "paste" images directly here in the forum instead of going through imgurl 🙂

                      L 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • L
                        linkandzelda @Forza
                        last edited by

                        @S-Pam Thank you. Got too used to reddit's garbage handling of images imgur became a habit.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • T
                          tony
                          last edited by

                          @linkandzelda what OS do you use as the NFS server?

                          confirm with rpcinfo

                          rpcinfo -p 192.168.100.1
                          
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • DanpD
                            Danp Pro Support Team
                            last edited by

                            There was a recent commit on Github dealing with NFS mounts. Suggest that you rebuild with the latest source and then try setting up the NFS storage again.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            • First post
                              Last post