XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Blank CloudInit Drive from Xen Orchestra

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    9 Posts 2 Posters 2.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M
      m4xm0rris
      last edited by

      Hi all,

      Been trying for a few days to get Xen Orchestra's cloud-init implementation to work with the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Cloud image provided by Canonical to no success. This same image has worked previously with cloud-init under Proxmox.

      Whatever I enter into either the User or Network config fields is not applied, even using the "SSH Key" method. I have tried this both while the VM is configured to look for only NoCloud as well as with al sources accepted.

      Under inspection, I can see that the additional drive is seen in the VM (xvdb) but it appears to be completely empty. If I try to mount it, there is no vFAT FS detected.

      Can anybody advise if there are packages that need to be installed in dom0 to accomodate creating the config drives correctly?

      Thanks,
      Maxwell

      M 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • M
        m4xm0rris @m4xm0rris
        last edited by

        @m4xm0rris said in Blank CloudInit Drive from Xen Orchestra:

        Hi all,

        Been trying for a few days to get Xen Orchestra's cloud-init implementation to work with the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Cloud image provided by Canonical to no success. This same image has worked previously with cloud-init under Proxmox.

        Whatever I enter into either the User or Network config fields is not applied, even using the "SSH Key" method. I have tried this both while the VM is configured to look for only NoCloud as well as with al sources accepted.

        Under inspection, I can see that the additional drive is seen in the VM (xvdb) but it appears to be completely empty. If I try to mount it, there is no vFAT FS detected.

        Can anybody advise if there are packages that need to be installed in dom0 to accomodate creating the config drives correctly?

        Thanks,
        Maxwell

        Quick amendment, this is with all the currently newest version of XCP-ng and XO from sources (built last week).

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • olivierlambertO
          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
          last edited by

          Hi,

          That would have been my questions 😆

          Are you sure your XO is rebuilt correctly? Please try with XOA on latest release channel and report 🙂

          M 2 Replies Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • M
            m4xm0rris @olivierlambert
            last edited by

            @olivierlambert Hi Olivier, sure thing, I haven't seen any other stability issues with the build, but will give XOA a try now. 🙂

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              m4xm0rris @olivierlambert
              last edited by

              @olivierlambert anddd what would ya know, it works with XOA! Man not the first time I am wishing I could afford to run XOA in the lab...

              Any pointers as to where I can look at my build to try and rectify this?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by

                Remove the XO folder, and rebuild from scratch 🙂

                M 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • M
                  m4xm0rris @olivierlambert
                  last edited by

                  @olivierlambert Thanks for your help Olivier, rebuilt my XO install and looks like I may have missed a dependency first time round, its now working.
                  Just wanted to check something with you, once the VM has booted once with the config drive attached, the config drive can then be disconnected and deleted, right?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO
                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                    last edited by

                    Yes 🙂

                    M 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • M
                      m4xm0rris @olivierlambert
                      last edited by

                      @olivierlambert Amazing. Thank you for your help sir! 👍

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      • First post
                        Last post