XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Delta backup always full for running VMs

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    14 Posts 3 Posters 3.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      jefftee @olivierlambert
      last edited by

      @olivierlambert Yes, here's a screen shot of the backup job showing Delta backup is chosen and a screen shot showing the full is taken.

      Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 12.15.15 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 12.17.03 PM.png

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by

        You have merge happening.

        I suspect a misconfiguration of your backup job. Check the advanced settings.

        J 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • J
          jefftee @olivierlambert
          last edited by

          @olivierlambert You may certainly be right, since this is my first time using XCP-NG and/or XO... 🙂 Here's a screen shot of my backup job for these VMs...

          Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 12.50.09 PM.png

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            @julien-f do you see anything?

            Also @jefftee can you show us the various log? Ie you are seeing type:full for each run? Are you removing the snapshots yourself?

            J 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • J
              jefftee @olivierlambert
              last edited by

              @olivierlambert Happy to share anything you'd like me to, if you can tell me what xe/xo commands you'd like me to issue. I have manually removed snapshots in the past when xo (and/or I) got confused after multiple changes to my backup strategy, but I do not remove snapshots as a normal course of action.

              Perthaps related to this, I have suspend images that are listed as orphan VDIs in the Dashboard->Health page, which I've attached here as well.

              Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 1.40.38 PM.png

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by olivierlambert

                Also pinging @pdonias if it rings any bell

                edit: also @jefftee can you double check you are on latest commit on master please?

                J 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  jefftee @olivierlambert
                  last edited by

                  @olivierlambert I just updated yesterday but I do see that new changes are available today... I'm upgrading now and will let you know after tonight's backups run...

                  Here's what I'll be upgrading from/to:

                  [info] Updating xen-orchestra from '510460c96' to '4137758ca'

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • julien-fJ
                    julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team
                    last edited by

                    @jefftee Hi, this is a display issue related to with memory backups, for more information, take a look at this issue: https://github.com/vatesfr/xen-orchestra/issues/5089

                    J 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by olivierlambert

                      Ahh nice catch, I knew it was a good idea to ping you @julien-f 😛

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        jefftee @julien-f
                        last edited by

                        @julien-f Thank you and @olivierlambert for the quick and outstanding support!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post