XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    XO Backup [NOBAK] for full backups

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Xen Orchestra
    43 Posts 15 Posters 25.6k Views 12 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B
      Biggen
      last edited by Biggen

      I'm waiting for the same feature. I have a surveillance camera VM with a 20TB array that I don't want to back up. I created an Ansible playbook to recreate just the OS in the event I needed to since I can't backup the VM but that is kinda a hack. I'd rather exclude the video footage array and backup the OS.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by

        Noted. Pinging @julien-f

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • N
          normanghenderson
          last edited by

          Just coming back to this: @olivierlambert
          (1) what is the approximate timeframe for VDI.snapshot ?
          (2) You said "we have indeed webhooks but for jobs, I wonder it might be trivial to get them for backup" - is that likely to happen soon?
          I can't do the code but I can test...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • N
            normanghenderson
            last edited by

            Here's another case in XCP-ng/Xen, which pre/post hooks for XO backups could be used to solve:

            Any way to backup VM with USB attached?

            There are many situations in which it would be desirable to shut down a VM before backup and start it up again afterwards, especially these cases in which a storage device or USB device needs to be detached or the backup won't run...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              Repinging @julien-f

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • julien-fJ
                julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team
                last edited by

                @normanghenderson I'm currently working on this feature, I had hoped to be able to release this for the September release but due to last minute issue it will likely be postponed for the end of October.

                Note that this will ship in the proxy first before making its way to regular backups.

                Best regards,

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • N
                  normanghenderson
                  last edited by

                  @julien-f Thanks very much. Let me know when there is something to test.

                  N 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • N
                    normanghenderson @normanghenderson
                    last edited by

                    @normanghenderson Hi Julien, Happy New Year. Just touching base on this? I just made an attempt with xo-server 5.73.0 xo-web 5.76.0 and got the usual SR_OPERATION_NOT_SUPPORTED due to the large disk.

                    julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by

                      I think it's coming this release, isn't it @julien-f ?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • julien-fJ
                        julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @normanghenderson
                        last edited by

                        @normanghenderson Yep, it should be coming at the end of the month 🙂

                        N 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1
                        • olivierlambertO
                          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                          last edited by

                          metal

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • N
                            normanghenderson @julien-f
                            last edited by

                            @julien-f Excellent, thank you!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • M
                              MrBaz
                              last edited by

                              Has this been implemented yet?
                              I've tried the [NOBAK] method, and the disk still gets cycled into the weekly VM backup.

                              M 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M
                                MrBaz @MrBaz
                                last edited by

                                Running the latest xen orchestra. Just finished our latest weekly backup. It still backed up the 1TB disk I had labeled as [NOBAK].

                                B 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • B
                                  Biggen @MrBaz
                                  last edited by

                                  @mrbaz I don't think its been implemented yet. Its coming from what I've read though.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • olivierlambertO
                                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                    last edited by

                                    It should be for this release, this time 😉 @julien-f is working on it!

                                    J 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • J
                                      johnarvid @olivierlambert
                                      last edited by

                                      @olivierlambert Has there been any progress on the VDI.snapshot? Read somewhere that there could be another branch for testing, but I did not find any.

                                      olivierlambertO 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olivierlambertO
                                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO @johnarvid
                                        last edited by

                                        @johnarvid ah yes let me ping @julien-f about this, I don't remember exactly where are we on the VDI.snapshot front 🙂

                                        C 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 1
                                        • C
                                          cnaumer @olivierlambert
                                          last edited by

                                          @olivierlambert Is there an Update to this? We would also like to use the [NOBAK] with the Full Backup feature of XO.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olivierlambertO
                                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                            last edited by

                                            Ping @julien-f

                                            julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post