XCP-ng 8.2.0 beta now available!
Hi! When will 8.2 be released, and will there be an easy upgrade between 8.1 and 8.2?
I am currently setting up a new pool of EPYC servers to replace some older Xeon servers and well, I'd like to go on 8.2 right away if it is released soon
And then in the sixth post from the top Oliver says it’s reasonable to believe the final release will be in 2 months.
And I expect that XCP-ng 8.2.0 will be perfectly stable well before we release it officially. The main missing piece is fixes to UEFI VM support.
I just pushed
xcp-ng-pv-tools-8.2.0-1.xcpng8.2.noarch.rpmto the 8.2 base repository. Beta testers can install it with a simple
yum update. No reboot required. Please check that :
- guest tools attached to existing VMs are detached during the update
- the new guest tools ISO is available for attaching to VMs after the update
- the updated README.txt looks fine (updated links to the docs, and added a FreeBSD section)
- tools can be installed to linux and FreeBSD VMs
@stormi The new iso worked as usual on a Ubuntu 20.04 VM.
README text formatting looks fine, updating guest tools using the install.sh worked.
When done it still asks the user to reboot the VM though.
Without a working XCP-ng center I'm not sure how to test the guest tools features.
@demanzke with the preferred client for XCP-ng: Xen Orchestra You'll have Ubuntu logo and VM IP address
The new implementation of UEFI support for VMs just landed through the last update to the beta.
yum updatewill install
uefistored-0.2.1-1.xcpng8.2.x86_64, then a simple
xe-toolstack-restartwill take it into account.
Dedicated thread for tests, feedback, debug and discussion: https://xcp-ng.org/forum/post/32335
ChuckNorrison last edited by ChuckNorrison
Upgrade finally done, works flawlessly. Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 -> XCP-ng 8.2 beta.
Iam using Ubuntu 20.04 Server VMs and a single Windows 10 VM (uefi). NFS Storage is used for Backups and SMB ISO Library.
- Patches got applied successful
- Several Host restarts successful
- Create VM successful
- USB Passthrough to Ubuntu 20.04 with APC-1400 USV successful
- Dynamic Memory settings successful
You make me happy
gskger last edited by gskger
Upgraded a three host homelab from XCP-ng 8.1 fully patched to XCP-ng 8.2 beta.
Things done/tested successfully:
- Upgrade process (via ISO)
- Copy/Move of VMs (even cross pool)
- Create/Change VMs (Linux, Windows (but not UEFI))
- Add/remove server to XO from source
- Create/Change networks
- Fresh install process (via ISO)
- Basic storage benchmark on dom0 and Debian VM using
- Add, Remove, Re-add NFS shares (ISO and storage)
This weekend I try to do some backup/restore (if time permits).
Nice work XCP-ng rocks
[edit: some more tests]