XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Stuck tasks within XO (rrd_updates)?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    32 Posts 4 Posters 16.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • jedimarcusJ
      jedimarcus @tanjix
      last edited by

      I have the same entries in my 8.2 installation but I don't have the stuck tasks.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • DanpD
        Danp Pro Support Team
        last edited by

        @tanjix Have you applied the ca-certificates update from the xcp-ng-testing repo? If so, maybe that is the source of your problem.

        T 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • T
          tanjix @Danp
          last edited by

          @danp

          @danp said in Stuck tasks within XO (rrd_updates)?:

          @tanjix Have you applied the ca-certificates update from the xcp-ng-testing repo? If so, maybe that is the source of your problem.

          Negative, I will do that and report later on. Thanks!

          DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • DanpD
            Danp Pro Support Team @tanjix
            last edited by

            @tanjix I would hold off installing it for now. My concern was that the update was the source of the issue, but you ruled that out since it hasn't been installed yet.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • T
              tanjix
              last edited by

              @olivierlambert

              Maybe I found the problem.
              In XO's log section I found an entry like:

              Hostname/IP does not match certificate's altnames: IP: a.b.c.d is not in the cert's list:
              

              The detailed log says at the bottom:

              "code": "ERR_TLS_CERT_ALTNAME_INVALID",
              "url": "https://a.b.c.d/rrd_updates?cf=AVERAGE&host=true&interval=5&json=true&start=1611607291&session_id=OpaqueRef%3A7601e913-a96c-419e-a5ab-be65255ab3d7&task_id=OpaqueRef%3Aecd831ec-bd4f-4a40-82c4-f15059ffb377",
              "message": "Hostname/IP does not match certificate's altnames: IP: a.b.c.d is not in the cert's list: ",
              

              a.b.c.d is in this case the ip address of my pool master.

              I installed TLS certificates (a wildcard certificate, not self signed but from a trusted authority), so that all of my hosts are reachable ssl-secured (done that through XO --> Home --> Hosts --> <host> --> Advanced and there at the bottom).

              Of course, this only works if requests are made with the hostname and not with the ip address.

              If I open the URL from above and replace the ip address through the hostname of the pool master, then it looks like it works.

              So, how can this be fixed that these rrd_things make their calls with the hostname instead of the ip address?
              Or did I do anything wrong with the certificates?

              Thanks!

              T 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • T
                tanjix @tanjix
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert is there any update on this issue available?

                Thanks!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • olivierlambertO
                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                  last edited by

                  This is a normal XAPI behavior. I don't think there's a simple fix for that.

                  T 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • T
                    tanjix @olivierlambert
                    last edited by

                    @olivierlambert So, how could I get rid of these error messages and the fact, that I have plenty of these tasks running after a while?
                    I guess, restarting the toolstack every hour is not the preferred way... 😂

                    Thanks!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by

                      Be sure you are correctly connected to your host (no NAT or private IP you couldn't reach)

                      T 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • T
                        tanjix @olivierlambert
                        last edited by

                        @olivierlambert What are you referring to? What should I do? There is no NAT, private network etc involved. XO connected to the XCP-NG host (pool master) via its public hostname (for which the SSL certificate is issued) and NOT with its ip address only.

                        Thanks!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • olivierlambertO
                          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                          last edited by

                          Is the host using the same IP address internally? (than the public one)

                          T 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • T
                            tanjix @olivierlambert
                            last edited by

                            @olivierlambert What do you mean with "internally"? There is only one IP in use in my environment, which is the public IP. So yes, it's the same IP address.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • olivierlambertO
                              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                              last edited by

                              Can you do a xe host-param-get param-name=address uuid=<HOST_UUID>?

                              T 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • T
                                tanjix @olivierlambert
                                last edited by

                                @olivierlambert said in Stuck tasks within XO (rrd_updates)?:

                                xe host-param-get param-name=address uuid=

                                Sure, that one is returning one ip address, the public one I am talking about.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • olivierlambertO
                                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                  last edited by

                                  And it's your management interface, right?

                                  T 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • T
                                    tanjix @olivierlambert
                                    last edited by

                                    @olivierlambert correct

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • T
                                      tanjix
                                      last edited by

                                      Any news available?

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olivierlambertO
                                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                        last edited by

                                        Sorry I'm completely snowed under with too many different things 😞

                                        To my knowledge, those tasks should disappear after a bit, if there's no NAT I don't see any reason for them to stack.

                                        T 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • T
                                          tanjix @olivierlambert
                                          last edited by

                                          Hi Olivier,

                                          thanks, but as I described initially, those tasks are not disappearing and summing up after a while.

                                          Did you also consider my report --> here?

                                          Thanks!

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olivierlambertO
                                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                            last edited by

                                            That's why I don't know, I don't have any answer without digging more and sadly I can't 😞 If there's other people around to assist, go ahead 🙂

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post