XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Kubernetes cluster recipes not seeing nodes

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    43 Posts 3 Posters 33.7k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • olivierlambertO
      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
      last edited by

      Okay so your problem isn't k8s recipe related, but elsewhere (probably the storage).

      F 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • F
        fred974 @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert said in Kubernetes cluster recipes not seeing nodes:

        Okay so your problem isn't k8s recipe related, but elsewhere (probably the storage).

        Yup.. I just ran the K8S recipe on local storage and I have cluster..
        33c5284d-e187-44a8-985f-839ec90ab3d4-image.png

        debian@master:~$ kubectl get node
        NAME     STATUS   ROLES           AGE     VERSION
        master   Ready    control-plane   20m     v1.26.3
        node-1   Ready    <none>          5m24s   v1.26.3
        node-2   Ready    <none>          7m32s   v1.26.3
        node-3   Ready    <none>          4m18s   v1.26.3
        

        Issue seem to be with the XOSTOR SR. Any chance @ronan-a could test if the K8S recipe work on his XOSTOR SR? I just want to know if it is specific to my setup or XOSTOR in general (bug)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • F fred974 referenced this topic on
        • olivierlambertO
          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
          last edited by

          I think it's totally unrelated. If you have issues to create the XO Hub Debian 11 VM, nothing else could work after that.

          F 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • F
            fred974 @olivierlambert
            last edited by fred974

            @olivierlambert said in Kubernetes cluster recipes not seeing nodes:

            If you have issues to create the XO Hub Debian 11 VM, nothing else could work after that.

            What do you mean? I can create XO Hub Debian 11 on XOSTOR with no issue. I am not sure I understand you ?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              What I mean is the fact that the issue with your k8s recipe is not related to the recipe itself, but a problem on your own XOSTOR cluster.

              F 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • F
                fred974 @olivierlambert
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert said in Kubernetes cluster recipes not seeing nodes:

                What I mean is the fact that the issue with your k8s recipe is not related to the recipe itself, but a problem on your own XOSTOR cluster.

                How can we be sure its not a bug and only and issue with my system? This is way i was asking if anyone else running XOSTOR could try to confirm the issue is with my system

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • olivierlambertO
                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                  last edited by

                  Because we identified some issues on XOSTOR recently, and that's exactly what causing your issue. If the VM doesn't boot, there's 0 chance the k8s recipe can work.

                  F 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • F
                    fred974 @olivierlambert
                    last edited by

                    @olivierlambert ok so is it a matter to create K8S on local storage and moved them manually to XOSTOR untill XOSTOR issue get a fix?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by

                      I would advise to not combine problems, XOSTOR is not completely bug free yet, so if you have an issue to report, get rid of XOSTOR in the equation first.

                      F 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • F
                        fred974 @olivierlambert
                        last edited by

                        @olivierlambert Ok will do. Kubernetes is purely to learn .. so we good. Thank you

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • F
                          fred974
                          last edited by

                          @Raymondello you right, the issue is from the storage and I am looking into that. Thank you for sharing the UAT Testing, I didn't know about it

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          • First post
                            Last post