XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    How do I create a new plugin?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved Xen Orchestra
    7 Posts 3 Posters 2.7k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      jbmorgado
      last edited by

      This might be a silly question (either because it's really easy or because the API isn't open that way), but anyway.

      I would like to create a couple of plugins for Xen Orchestra. How do I get started?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by olivierlambert

        Short answer: see this test plugin to help you to start with a base: https://github.com/vatesfr/xen-orchestra/tree/master/packages/xo-server-test-plugin

        Longer answer: it might be better to start by explaining what do you need 🙂 I mean, functionally speaking. Maybe others need something similar or we can even make it if it's not too specific (or send you in the right direction)

        J 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • J
          jbmorgado @olivierlambert
          last edited by

          @olivierlambert Nice.
          I have a few ideas, but for starters, I would like to try something that seems simple enough to implement and that I miss from ESXi: A GUI to setup hardware passthrough.

          It would show up the devices on the host, allow the user to check the ones to reserve for passthrough and then assign them to VMs (I'm assuming that injecting a new field into the VM config is not something that's possible, so everything can be managed from the same page instead).

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            So this is not meant for a plugin, but directly in XO.

            We can help you to reach there, but first you need to check exactly how it's done with XCP-ng Center and if it's possible to make it entirely with the GUI, which I'm not sure at all.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • H
              homeauto
              last edited by

              I recently found the notification platform apprise and I wonder if it would be a good notification system for XOA to support. The API seems very straight forward. Would this be a good use of plugins? Ultimately I am looking for a HomeAssistant or a HACS integration but notifications being routed through apprise to HASS would be a good first step and seems like a lower barrier to entry.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by

                Hi!

                What kind of notifications you are thinking about?

                H 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • H
                  homeauto @olivierlambert
                  last edited by

                  @olivierlambert, To start I would like to get my backup notification sent to HomeAssistant.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • J john.c referenced this topic on

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  • First post
                    Last post