XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Endless Xapi#getResource /rrd_updates in tasks list

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved XCP-ng
    85 Posts 10 Posters 67.3k Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 1
      14wkinnersley @olivierlambert
      last edited by

      @olivierlambert Will do. Plugins are disabled and I'm updating back to master right now. Will report back.

      MathieuM 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by olivierlambert

        Thank you very much, both of you 🙂

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • MathieuM
          Mathieu @14wkinnersley
          last edited by

          I'm gonna try the same and will let you know.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 1
          • 1
            14wkinnersley @olivierlambert
            last edited by

            @olivierlambert Updated to master (Commit: 79c9ef0) with perf alert and load balancer plugin's disabled. Cleared the toolstack for good measure, and I got no hanging tasks.

            For some further testing, I flipped the load balancer plugin back on and waited about 5 hours and received no hanging tasks. I turned load balancer plugin back off (Just in case), cleared the toolstack, and turned the perf alert plugin on and received the first hanging task within about 10 minutes, and subsequently had more tasks hang every ~10-12 minutes.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              That would have been my next question 😄 So it's the perf alert thing likely. Thank you, this will help @julien-f a lot

              MathieuM 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • MathieuM
                Mathieu @olivierlambert
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert
                It took a while to validate it, but I can also confirm that the perf-alert plugin is the culprit.

                Here are my plugin's parameters, if it can help chasing the goose:

                13a55af0-f2f9-462e-b050-74072d7bb500-image.png

                M 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • M
                  manilx @Mathieu
                  last edited by

                  @Mathieu I just activated this plugin as a test on our 2 EPYC hosts and I also get these tasks now. So yes, this plugin has an issue.

                  Deactivated.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO
                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                    last edited by

                    Thanks @julien-f is now reviewing the plugin code 🙂

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      rmarion
                      last edited by

                      I am seeing this same issue on master build cc049 if I turn on perf-alert it starts with in a few minutes. If I turn it off and restart the tool stack it stops.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olivierlambertO
                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                        last edited by

                        It's been fixed since a bit now. Double check you have the correct plugin code rebuilt.

                        1 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • 1
                          14wkinnersley @olivierlambert
                          last edited by 14wkinnersley

                          @olivierlambert Unfortunately, I am still having this issue if I enable perf-alert. Im on the latest commit (cc049d3) and perf-alert (v0.3.7). I removed the plugin entirely from /packages/xo-server-perf-alert and rebuilt to test further (and restarted toolstack). Still having the tasks hang up 😕

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • olivierlambertO
                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                            last edited by

                            Can you try with an XOA on latest release channel?

                            1 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • R
                              rmarion
                              last edited by

                              Just rebuild open source from scratch and still getting the same issue

                              859590be-81b1-4fc3-9acb-7bda183d5cbf-image.png
                              fd9a3945-3b81-4969-83f4-7bb377d66c9c-image.png

                              9c7540d1-7d4c-4a19-accf-beffdde03255-image.png

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • 1
                                14wkinnersley @olivierlambert
                                last edited by

                                @olivierlambert Maybe I am doing something wrong but I went ahead and deployed xoa, and under plugins I only have two plugins and neither are for perf-alert. Ive never used XOA, only built XO, so its probably user error.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • R
                                  rmarion
                                  last edited by

                                  you have to register XOA in order to activate all of the plugins. You do it under the XOA tab. I would role it out to test but I have already registered it one and can't do it again. So I to have been running the open source code for my testing and evaluations.

                                  f7d97e44-be5d-4fee-8d35-5f7ab04ae2bd-image.png

                                  1 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • 1
                                    14wkinnersley @rmarion
                                    last edited by

                                    @rmarion Im registered but dont have a license. Dont really want to use up the free trial, and it still only shows the two plugins. So maybe someone else can test.

                                    R 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • R
                                      rmarion @14wkinnersley
                                      last edited by

                                      @14wkinnersley Ya I don't work for Yates so I don't have any other option for you on that front. I was just advising on how you could test it with the trial.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olivierlambertO
                                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                        last edited by

                                        @14wkinnersley Please use the trial, we can extend it anytime if you need.

                                        1 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • 1
                                          14wkinnersley @olivierlambert
                                          last edited by 14wkinnersley

                                          @olivierlambert I activated the trial and imported my configuration from xo, making sure the perf-alert plugin was enabled/configured. I have not received any hanging tasks in XOA.

                                          1 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 1
                                          • 1
                                            14wkinnersley @14wkinnersley
                                            last edited by

                                            @olivierlambert I realized I was on the stable release... After updating to latest release I definately have hanging tasks

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post