So I've dug into the issue and written a few workarounds which will tide me over until a fix comes out - appreciate your work on this.
I've added a few features in, too. The plugin now:
- Allows the choice of whether IPv4, IPv6 or Both types of IPs are synchronised
- Allows you to enter in tags which will deem a VM to be "ignored" if they have one of these tags
- Allows you to enter in text which if the name label contains it, it will also be ignored (we have a use case where we have several VMs which are decommissioned but are kept in XCP for various reasons as well as our backup process which maintains a series of VMs with the prefix XCP-BACKUP, which we don't want kept in Netbox)
- Allows you to configure the ID of the configured VRF in Netbox (if needed) that the particular IP ranges relate to
- Synchronises the platform that the VM is running
- Brings across all the tags and puts them into Netbox (this is for our monitoring solution, OpenNMS, which uses Netbox to generate its requisitions and categories to automate the provisioning process)
I will submit these changes back into the Git repo tomorrow when I'm back in the office and you can have a look and see what you want to use.