[SOLVED] Just FYI: current update seams to break NUT dependancies
-
@rzr Just for curiosity.
As far as I understand you assess the risk as low for the nut package - and only for that - to use ci-repo. I am fine with that for my personal servers. In terms of staying as close to the stable version in order to avoid potential future upgrade issues, is there a chance to say something about:
- Would you consider to integrate this into "stable" branch?
- What would be the next steps on our side to support this?
- How long would does that roughly take?
Thank again!
-
@rzr Just for curiosity.
As far as I understand you assess the risk as low for the nut package - and only for that - to use ci-repo. I am fine with that for my personal servers.
- Would you consider to integrate this into "stable" branch?
yes it's the plan, we usually test packages in ci repos for a couple of weeks and once we're happy of the packages set it goes to testing repo, then users can officially test it (and based on feedback (or absence of feedback) then everything lands in update repo after a week or more (it depends on risk or hurry)..
- What would be the next steps on our side to support this?
I think nothing should be done your side you did your job before the testing window, early feedback is always appreciated (as long people know what they are doing
)But If I were you, just to be safe i would keep trace of packages i have installed from ci or testing repo, in case anything is not going as expected, you can still reinstall those packages from update channel.
- How long would does that roughly take?
It depends usually a couple of weeks, but this next batch might be a bit longer because there is a long waited feature planned.
Check the future announcement in the forum.
Thank again!
thank you for the detailed howto, if there is traction for this feature maybe it worth documenting officially, I'll ask product managers.
-
@rzr Great. Thank you!
-
R rzr referenced this topic on
-
Package landed in testing repo please check the related announcement:
https://xcp-ng.org/forum/topic/9964/xcp-ng-8-3-updates-announcements-and-testing/432
Then please confirm the issue is gone by editing post topic with "[SOLVED]" prefix
-
Just for the record, I get the same snmp errors with OpenIPMI instead of nut.
# yum update --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=xcp-ng-base,xcp-ng-updates Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile Excluding mirror: updates.xcp-ng.org * xcp-ng-base: mirrors.xcp-ng.org Excluding mirror: updates.xcp-ng.org * xcp-ng-updates: mirrors.xcp-ng.org Resolving Dependencies --> Running transaction check ---> Package net-snmp.x86_64 1:5.7.2-52.1.xcpng8.3 will be updated ---> Package net-snmp.x86_64 1:5.9.3-8.1.xcpng8.3 will be an update ---> Package net-snmp-agent-libs.x86_64 1:5.7.2-52.1.xcpng8.3 will be updated ---> Package net-snmp-agent-libs.x86_64 1:5.9.3-8.1.xcpng8.3 will be an update ---> Package net-snmp-libs.x86_64 1:5.7.2-52.1.xcpng8.3 will be updated --> Processing Dependency: libnetsnmp.so.31()(64bit) for package: OpenIPMI-2.0.23-2.el7.x86_64 ---> Package net-snmp-libs.x86_64 1:5.9.3-8.1.xcpng8.3 will be an update --> Finished Dependency Resolution Error: Package: OpenIPMI-2.0.23-2.el7.x86_64 (@xcp-ng-base) Requires: libnetsnmp.so.31()(64bit) Removing: 1:net-snmp-libs-5.7.2-52.1.xcpng8.3.x86_64 (@xcp-ng-updates) libnetsnmp.so.31()(64bit) Updated By: 1:net-snmp-libs-5.9.3-8.1.xcpng8.3.x86_64 (xcp-ng-updates) ~libnetsnmp.so.40()(64bit) Available: 1:net-snmp-libs-5.7.2-33.el7_5.2.x86_64 (xcp-ng-base) libnetsnmp.so.31()(64bit) Available: 1:net-snmp-libs-5.7.2-51.1.xcpng8.3.x86_64 (xcp-ng-base) libnetsnmp.so.31()(64bit) Available: 1:net-snmp-libs-5.7.2-51.2.xcpng8.3.x86_64 (xcp-ng-base) libnetsnmp.so.31()(64bit) Available: 1:net-snmp-libs-5.7.2-51.3.xcpng8.3.x86_64 (xcp-ng-base) libnetsnmp.so.31()(64bit) -
yum update --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=xcp-ng-base,xcp-ng-updates
It's currently in testing and will move to updates if everything (not only nut) is ok:
yum install --disablerepo=* \ --enablerepo=xcp-ng-base,xcp-ng-updates,xcp-ng-testing nut -
Hi, I just wanted to comment that the provided packages work for all my server. Thank you!
-
@FritzGerald Thank you for taking the time to write up the install procedure. I was able to follow it on my end and it seems to be working. What commands do you use to set the three services to start up automatically at boot up? Right now if I reboot and run upsc apc@localhost it throws an error until I manually do:
upsdrvctl start systemctl start nut-server.service systemctl start nut-monitor.service -
@Kajetan321 Hi, sorry. I am away from office and I can't tell you that off the top of my head right now. I get back to you during the week.
-
Hi @kajetan321, it has been a little while when setting this up. And I have to admit, that I am not sure weather the upcoming instructions are complete. So please take it as an indication:
#################################
Add Service for ups-driver
#################################nano /etc/systemd/system/ups-driver.service[Unit] Description=NUT UPS Driver After=network-online.target Wants=network-online.target Before=nut-server.service [Service] Type=oneshot ExecStart=/usr/sbin/upsdrvctl start ExecStop=/usr/sbin/upsdrvctl stop RemainAfterExit=yes [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target###################################
Add Requirement for nut-server
#################################mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/nut-server.service.d nano /etc/systemd/system/nut-server.service.d/ups-driver.conf[Unit] Requires=ups-driver.service After=ups-driver.service###################################
Add Requirement for nut monitor
#################################mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/nut-monitor.service.d nano /etc/systemd/system/nut-monitor.service.d/nut-server.conf[Unit] Requires=nut-server.service After=nut-server.service###################################
Enable services
###################################systemctl daemon-reload systemctl enable ups-driver.service systemctl enable nut-server.service systemctl enable nut-monitor.service systemctl start nut-monitor.service###################################
Anaylze tools
###################################systemctl list-dependencies nut-monitor.service systemd-analyze critical-chain nut-monitor.service systemctl show nut-monitor.service -p Requires -p Wants -p After systemctl show nut-server.service -p Requires -p Wants -p AfterPlease let me know if it works, since I then would update my documentation above
-
@FritzGerald Understood. Thanks for posting. I will get back to this as soon as I have some time.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login