XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    VMGuest disk is missing in Xen Orchestra

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    15 Posts 2 Posters 3.4k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • olivierlambertO
      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
      last edited by

      What client did you use to create the VM? It's not normal that your VM is connected to a snapshot disk.

      A 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • A
        ashinobi @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert

        Not sure what do you mean by client. the way I created this is using a template that I created:

        firefox_7zIjmwW2f8.png

        Please let me know if this not what you needed, and how should I get that information?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • olivierlambertO
          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
          last edited by

          Have you used anything else than Xen Orchestra to create VMs and manage things?

          A 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • A
            ashinobi @olivierlambert
            last edited by

            @olivierlambert

            Not recently, I have used Xen admin Center initially when I was starting just to deploy Xen Orchestra and after that it is all Xen Orchestra.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              I don't know how you could end by having a snapshot disk as your main disk for a VM 🤔

              A 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • A
                ashinobi @olivierlambert
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert

                I took a snapshot of the vm last 3 Feb 2023, it is still there and I have not deleted it. Is this the reason why encounter this problem?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • olivierlambertO
                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                  last edited by

                  No, that's why I don't understand how you could have connected a snapshot disk to the VM in the first place.

                  A 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • A
                    ashinobi @olivierlambert
                    last edited by

                    @olivierlambert

                    Is there a way to make the HD visible in XO? If not what is the command to fail it over to different storage in xcp-ng?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by

                      You probably need to transform the disk in a "regular" and not snapshot. It's not a normal use case to use a snapshot as a main VM disk.

                      A 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        ashinobi @olivierlambert
                        last edited by

                        @olivierlambert

                        I do not understand wha t you mean by "You probably need to transform the disk in a "regular" and not snapshot". Not sure on how to do that, please provide the steps or if you have SOP ready, please point me to the SOP document.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • S stevezemlicka referenced this topic on

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post