XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Endless Xapi#getResource /rrd_updates in tasks list

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved XCP-ng
    85 Posts 10 Posters 67.3k Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • R
      rmarion
      last edited by

      Just rebuild open source from scratch and still getting the same issue

      859590be-81b1-4fc3-9acb-7bda183d5cbf-image.png
      fd9a3945-3b81-4969-83f4-7bb377d66c9c-image.png

      9c7540d1-7d4c-4a19-accf-beffdde03255-image.png

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • 1
        14wkinnersley @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert Maybe I am doing something wrong but I went ahead and deployed xoa, and under plugins I only have two plugins and neither are for perf-alert. Ive never used XOA, only built XO, so its probably user error.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • R
          rmarion
          last edited by

          you have to register XOA in order to activate all of the plugins. You do it under the XOA tab. I would role it out to test but I have already registered it one and can't do it again. So I to have been running the open source code for my testing and evaluations.

          f7d97e44-be5d-4fee-8d35-5f7ab04ae2bd-image.png

          1 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • 1
            14wkinnersley @rmarion
            last edited by

            @rmarion Im registered but dont have a license. Dont really want to use up the free trial, and it still only shows the two plugins. So maybe someone else can test.

            R 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • R
              rmarion @14wkinnersley
              last edited by

              @14wkinnersley Ya I don't work for Yates so I don't have any other option for you on that front. I was just advising on how you could test it with the trial.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by

                @14wkinnersley Please use the trial, we can extend it anytime if you need.

                1 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • 1
                  14wkinnersley @olivierlambert
                  last edited by 14wkinnersley

                  @olivierlambert I activated the trial and imported my configuration from xo, making sure the perf-alert plugin was enabled/configured. I have not received any hanging tasks in XOA.

                  1 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • 1
                    14wkinnersley @14wkinnersley
                    last edited by

                    @olivierlambert I realized I was on the stable release... After updating to latest release I definately have hanging tasks

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by

                      That's interesting 🤔 Pinging @julien-f

                      Do you have the tasks when you disable the perf plugin?

                      1 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • R
                        rmarion
                        last edited by

                        how do I extend my trial to test it on my side

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • 1
                          14wkinnersley @olivierlambert
                          last edited by

                          @olivierlambert I disabled perf-alert and restarted toolstack and let it sit for a while, no hanging tasks.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • J
                            jasonmap
                            last edited by

                            Wanted to chime in here to say I updated my 5 node cluster to the latest 8.2.1 and xo from source to 7b084. Definitely getting the hanging "Xapi#getResource /rrd_updates" tasks even with the perf-alert plugin disabled.

                            J 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              jasonmap @jasonmap
                              last edited by

                              @jasonmap and might be unrelated but I'm not sure: one of my nodes rebooted without stats working either (not the master). Just says "No stats" on the tab. The others seem fine.

                              J 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • J
                                jasonmap @jasonmap
                                last edited by

                                I resolved the host missing stats by ejecting it from the pool and re-adding it.

                                Is it possible the stacking might be caused by the usage-report plugin?
                                I disabled that one too and it seems like it may have subsided (at least so far)

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • olivierlambertO
                                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                  last edited by

                                  @rmarion just tell me in private message I'll extend it 🙂

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • R
                                    rmarion
                                    last edited by

                                    Still seeing this error even after moving to a fully licensed xoa appliance with perf-alerts turned on.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • olivierlambertO
                                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                      last edited by

                                      Re-ping @julien-f

                                      And as soon as you disable perf alerts it's OK? On latest channel in XOA?

                                      R 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • R
                                        rmarion @olivierlambert
                                        last edited by

                                        @olivierlambert That is correct

                                        julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • julien-fJ
                                          julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @rmarion
                                          last edited by

                                          @rmarion If you are seeing this on a an XOA, open a support ticket and a support tunnela and we'll investigate directly 🙂

                                          julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • julien-fJ
                                            julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @julien-f
                                            last edited by

                                            Stats are usually not working due to a misconfigured backup network on the pool, I've added an entry in our documentation for it: https://xen-orchestra.com/docs/troubleshooting.html#stats-not-working

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post