XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Unable to Access MGMT interface/ No NICS detected

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved XCP-ng
    24 Posts 4 Posters 9.0k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C
      CloudX0520 @olivierlambert
      last edited by CloudX0520

      @olivierlambert ALright Finally got server back up from a raid controller issue,

      the Ethernet only Nic is installed, and plugged in. I see the Connection in my Switch/Network Controller But still no IP or anything in XCP MGMT, Went to Network MGMT and its still not detecting a interface

      9209db3a-d354-4349-996c-ef60f05bc4e4-image.png

      Update1 / Edit 1

      I was able to get back into the Web UI for a split moment, and then something happened not sure what and it lost it again, However this time i can see the NIC in Display NIC
      711c8a4c-4205-4db1-953f-66600d8e6c11-image.png

      went to Configure MGMT interface, selected the Same ETH4 And got Config Failed " Unknown Error Occured while attempting to configure interface "

      So we are making progress!

      olivierlambertO 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO @CloudX0520
        last edited by

        Have you made a xe pif-scan after adding the new NIC?

        C 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • C
          CloudX0520 @olivierlambert
          last edited by

          @olivierlambert I did not 😞 I ran the ctl-vsctl add xenrb0
          Then add-port eth4. Pkill declient, reran dhclient it got the new IP. And thought I was good cause I was able to access XO lite interface via webUI. But about 5 mins later it yeeted the IP again.

          Do I need to remove the xenbr0 and eth4 port. And redo those steps to run your command? Or can I just run it?

          Currently in the mist of readding all my VMs but not being able to copy and paste into the terminal is tedious with all the UUIDs πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            Okay so the right approach is NOT to tinker with the Dom0 but to use xe commands to do this. Otherwise, you might have problems like that. The right approach is to scan for the new NIC.

            Our doc explains how to do so: https://docs.xcp-ng.org/networking/#add-a-new-nic

            C 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • C
              CloudX0520 @olivierlambert
              last edited by

              @olivierlambert welll dang! Alright.

              So to rectify this. Do I need to delete the configs and then proceed via your link?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by

                I admin I never modified the dom0 manually with OVS commands, so I would probably network reset and then pif scan.

                C 2 Replies Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • C
                  CloudX0520 @olivierlambert
                  last edited by

                  @olivierlambert perfect.

                  Thank you tons for the support!! Ill get back home from work and give this a try and will report back!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • C
                    CloudX0520 @olivierlambert
                    last edited by CloudX0520

                    @olivierlambert thank you again for all the help! Finally able to get it reconnected and able to access the web UI to a extent. But now im getting pinged with this. Even tho im using the new IP obtained via Dhclient. 1000022692.jpg

                    And I dont have the full UI installed again. Trying to get it restored now but its being tedious

                    I tried clearing browser cache and accessing the UI via IP, I see what its saying and all, but not sure as to why. When I pull the SSL cert in Google it pulls up the new IP. And cert dont expires for 10 years and everything seems to be fine. I guess maybe there is a old IP still lingering somewhere in XCP?

                    A 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by

                      For some reasons, it's having "localhost" somewhere, but IDK how πŸ€”

                      Maybe try to check if there's any record of "localhost" in XAPI, you can check the network object, host, PIFs and pool (xe <object>-param-list uuid=<object UUID)

                      C 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        AlbertK @CloudX0520
                        last edited by

                        @CloudX0520

                        Very weird that you have https://localhost/ , local host only works if your browser is on the same hardware but yours is a mobile phone.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • C
                          CloudX0520 @olivierlambert
                          last edited by CloudX0520

                          @olivierlambert SOOOOOOOOOOO

                          for future reference on my end and maybe someone elses who may ever come across this, Once the NIC is established, Please go to Network and Management Interface, and Reconfigure the Management interface to the new NIC/Port

                          I didnt do that on the Main Landing UI Portion f6d1b381-36f4-441a-8ce3-ee919fba4e72-image.png

                          configured it and So far Local Host SSL issue is resolved.

                          Now im off to hopefully restore my Lost VMs that are in the Recovered-LocalSR Somehow

                          And to figure out why deploying XOA works, But it wont start the VM lol

                          C 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • C
                            CloudX0520 @CloudX0520
                            last edited by

                            Slightly off topic,

                            Is there a Dark theme for XOA? and not the Lite version? this light theme is killing me XD

                            olivierlambertO 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • olivierlambertO
                              olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO @CloudX0520
                              last edited by

                              @CloudX0520 XO 6 and XO Lite both have dark themes. XO 5 doesn't and never will since it's been replaced by XO 6 πŸ™‚

                              C 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • C
                                CloudX0520 @olivierlambert
                                last edited by

                                @olivierlambert awwww. Fair enough. I shall wait!😁Unlesssss there is a way for custom themes to be made πŸ‘€

                                AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • AtaxyaNetworkA
                                  AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @CloudX0520
                                  last edited by

                                  @CloudX0520 Personally i use Dark reader extension on Firefox, so every page is in dark mode by default πŸ˜„

                                  C 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 2
                                  • olivierlambertO
                                    olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                                    last edited by

                                    Dark Reader is the way for XO 5 indeed ^^

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 1
                                    • C
                                      CloudX0520 @AtaxyaNetwork
                                      last edited by

                                      @AtaxyaNetwork I'll check it out! Im currently on chrome. So ill see if they have something close to it.

                                      Thank you!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                      Register Login
                                      • First post
                                        Last post