XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    xo-cli VM logs

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Xen Orchestra
    8 Posts 3 Posters 2.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B
      briandch
      last edited by

      Hi,
      I would like to know if there is a way to get the logs of my VMs from the xo-cli. I can't seem to find the command using the --list-commands and i can't find the namespace they belong too for the log.get command.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by

        What kind of logs exactly?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          briandch
          last edited by briandch

          The logs under the Logs tab in the VM page of the web application. Mainly for the Shutdown, Start, Interupt , etc. type of events.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            I think it's not called logs, it might be "events" if I remember correctly

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • B
              briandch
              last edited by

              Event doesn't return anything in the commands or in the objects(--list-objects). I can find 'message' in the full list of object which seems to be what I'm looking for but the only method associated with them is message.delete . The source code for the web app has a createGetObjectMessages function, but I don't know enough node to find the right RPC call that this generates in the end.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by

                Ping @julien-f

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • julien-fJ
                  julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team
                  last edited by

                  > xo-cli --list-objects type=message \$object=<VM UUID>
                  
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • B
                    briandch
                    last edited by

                    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    • First post
                      Last post