XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Backup - Error: Lock file is already being held

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Xen Orchestra
    5 Posts 3 Posters 2.2k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      dj423
      last edited by

      I keep getting this error "Error: Lock file is already being held" when I run a full backup job, or delta backup for VM's. If I move the backups to another location, and clean out the directory for VM backups then run the jobs they run fine. But the next day they fail, until I delete or relocate the previous backups. The backups are stored on an SMB share, VM disks are on shared NFS storage SR in a 3 host pool. Other backups run fine for meta and XO-configs, only get the error on VM backup jobs. I have deleted and re-created the backup jobs, and made sure there are no file access issues to the share.

      I am on XO from sources, version 5.107.5, (xo-web: 5.109.0) commit 4f31b, with version 8.2 hosts.

      Anyone seen this issue, or know any tips to troubleshoot?
      Thanks!

      A 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        dj423 @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert
        Got it, sorry I glossed right over the updates. Ran the updates and everything is green with success. Thanks for taking the time to answer my noob questions!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • A
          Andrew Top contributor @dj423
          last edited by

          @dj423 Is XCP 8.2 or 8.2.1 and updated?
          For XO source there is a month of updates.

          You should update everything before looking for problems.

          D 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • D
            dj423 @Andrew
            last edited by

            @Andrew

            Got it.
            Yes the hosts are running 8.2.1. I will run an update on the XO VM and see if that remedies the errors.

            Thanks!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by olivierlambert

              Hi,

              It's explained here: https://xen-orchestra.com/docs/community.html#report-a-bug

              WARNING
              Before reporting a bug, please check that your current version is up-to-date with the latest commit on master! See the "Current version" section below.

              D 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                dj423 @olivierlambert
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert
                Got it, sorry I glossed right over the updates. Ran the updates and everything is green with success. Thanks for taking the time to answer my noob questions!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • olivierlambertO olivierlambert marked this topic as a question on
                • olivierlambertO olivierlambert has marked this topic as solved on

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                • First post
                  Last post