Categories

  • All news regarding Xen and XCP-ng ecosystem

    145 Topics
    5k Posts
    Y
    @dinhngtu Received the following feedback from Bitdefender Enterprise Support Team (as expected): We can confirm that the file is clean and is currently not detected by our engines.
  • Everything related to the virtualization platform

    1k Topics
    15k Posts
    J
    @poddingue Our HA-pool is a 3 host system, yes. I'll add a note about our plans to go paid in that feedback-item. Thanks for the tip. In the meantime, I'm testing and reporting as much as I can. In order to hopefully help the product be better for all. Cheers!
  • 3k Topics
    29k Posts
    acebmxerA
    @lem2405 Sorry for any confusion. Hope this clears it up. The credentials in xo-config.cfg are only for logging into Xen Orchestra (the pre-update task check and VM snapshot). There is no setting for a sudo password, and the script won't run as root, so sudo will still ask. To run it from cron, the account running the script needs passwordless sudo. Run this as that user: echo "$USER ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL" | sudo tee /etc/sudoers.d/xo-cron sudo chmod 440 /etc/sudoers.d/xo-cron sudo visudo -c Then add --non-interactive so it doesn't stop to ask anything: 0 3 * * * cd /path/to/install_xen_orchestra && ./install-xen-orchestra.sh --update --non-interactive Keep in mind this gives that account full sudo with no password. Use at your own risk. I have just push this change the readme.md on the dev branch... Scheduled Updates (cron) --update can run unattended from cron. Two things are needed: Passwordless sudo for the account that runs the script. The script refuses to run as root and calls sudo throughout, and there is no config setting for a sudo password. Run this as that account: echo "$USER ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL" | sudo tee /etc/sudoers.d/xo-cron sudo chmod 440 /etc/sudoers.d/xo-cron sudo visudo -c This gives the account full sudo with no password. --non-interactive, so the update never stops to ask anything: 0 3 * * * cd /path/to/install_xen_orchestra && ./install-xen-orchestra.sh --update --non-interactive >> "$HOME/xo-update.log" 2>&1 Set XO_API_TOKEN (or the user/password pair) in xo-config.cfg. Without it, a non-interactive run skips the running task check instead of prompting for credentials.
  • Our hyperconverged storage solution

    54 Topics
    824 Posts
    J
    @poddingue Turns out it is all secondary-to-secondary out of sync. So that makes it less intense, though if primary dies I wonder how it will resolve this, or if it will become split brained. Still unsure of how it happened, but the ones I manually cleaned up have not come back. Going to continue to manually clear them up. If it happens again I will have an alert setup to notify me, and I have all the xcp-ng logs and everything to be able to see what happened. If that happens I will post here with details and logs for the resource so we can see how it occurs. [image: image.jpeg]
  • 37 Topics
    136 Posts
    J
    @AtaxyaNetwork Merci pour tes recherches ! Oui "cd_label" serait cool comme ajout au plugin ce qui permet sur les distro type Fedora/Redhat de ne pas avoir de boot_command à gérer