Categories

  • All news regarding Xen and XCP-ng ecosystem

    146 Topics
    5k Posts
    J
    @herhin2017 said: @john.c Your absolute wright, i do my best and train about 25 young engineers per year on linux (we use debian). I also see more and more startups or small companies building their infrastructure on linux. Best greetings from austria It may be worth getting in line and noting the mention of EFI based servers for official Vates support with XCP-ng version 9.0 and above, in government reports. That way when the school’s hardware is refreshed it can be ensured that your provided with EFI capable servers, in time for XCP-ng version 8.3 EOL. I personally are already ready for XCP-ng version 9.0 due to my servers being Dell PowerEdge R620 for XCP-ng hosts. Along with Debian version 13.6 on the VMs. While using a Dell Precision 3590 to manage those systems. The “wright” makes your above now sound like a wheel wright, and its profession instead of “right” in for when correct or agreeing with someone or something.
  • Everything related to the virtualization platform

    1k Topics
    15k Posts
    F
    So, for everyone who wants to install NUT as a service follow these steps. Modifying the systemd files can make you system unbootable! It should not happen, but there is chance since we are also modifying some "natively shipped files". So an update can break your working configuration again and that is not the fault of XCP-NG!!! As prerequisite it requires the installation and testing of this step-by-step guide https://xcp-ng.org/forum/post/104253. Make sure everything runs before proceeding to the following steps! Now: ################################# Remove "nut-driver.target" dependency ################################# Remove "nut-driver.target" dependency from "nut-server.service" by calling nano /lib/systemd/system/nut-server.service and remove nut-driver.target from routine. I prefer to duplicate and comment to keep the modified rows in the original code. It then should look like this. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE, read, compare and modify carefully! [Unit] Description=Network UPS Tools - power devices information server #After=local-fs.target network.target nut-driver.target After=local-fs.target network.target # We don't Require drivers to be successfully started! This would be # a change of behavior compared to init SysV, and could prevent from # accessing successfully started, at least to audit a system. #Wants=nut-driver.target Wants= # The `upsd` is a networked service (even if bound to a `localhost`) # so it requires that the OS has some notion of networking already. # Extending the unit does not require *this* file to be edited, you # can instead drop in an additional piece of configuration, e.g. add # a `/etc/systemd/system/nut-server.service.d/network.conf` with: # [Unit] # Requires=network-online.target # After=network-online.target Requires=network.target Before=nut-monitor.service PartOf=nut.target [Service] EnvironmentFile=-/etc/ups/nut.conf SyslogIdentifier=%N # Note: foreground mode by default skips writing a PID file (and # needs Type=simple); can use "-FF" here to create one anyway: ExecStart=/usr/sbin/upsd -F ExecReload=/usr/sbin/upsd -c reload -P $MAINPID [Install] WantedBy=nut.target ################################# Add Service for ups-driver ################################# nano /etc/systemd/system/ups-driver.service [Unit] Description=NUT UPS Driver After=network-online.target Wants=network-online.target Before=nut-server.service [Service] Type=oneshot ExecStart=/usr/sbin/upsdrvctl start ExecStop=/usr/sbin/upsdrvctl stop RemainAfterExit=yes [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target ################################### Add Requirement for nut-server ################################# mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/nut-server.service.d nano /etc/systemd/system/nut-server.service.d/ups-driver.conf [Unit] Requires=ups-driver.service After=ups-driver.service ################################### Add Requirement for nut monitor ################################# mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/nut-monitor.service.d nano /etc/systemd/system/nut-monitor.service.d/nut-server.conf [Unit] Requires=nut-server.service After=nut-server.service ################################### Enable services ################################### systemctl daemon-reload systemctl enable ups-driver.service systemctl enable nut.target systemctl enable nut-server.service systemctl enable nut-monitor.service systemctl start nut-monitor.service ################################### Analyze & debugging commands ################################### systemctl list-dependencies nut-monitor.service systemd-analyze critical-chain nut-monitor.service systemctl show nut-monitor.service -p Requires -p Wants -p After systemctl show nut-server.service -p Requires -p Wants -p After
  • 3k Topics
    29k Posts
    B
    @bvitnik Thank you! I was hoping not to go so far as Terraform/OpenTofu or Ansible. I found this post from @dj423 suggesting that I may be able to accomplish what I'm hoping by installing jinja into the VM before I convert it to a template. However, it does NOT appear that I need to modify my template to install python or jinja -- they appear to be in place, perhaps as dependencies of cloud-init itself. I will test further!
  • Our hyperconverged storage solution

    54 Topics
    824 Posts
    J
    @poddingue Turns out it is all secondary-to-secondary out of sync. So that makes it less intense, though if primary dies I wonder how it will resolve this, or if it will become split brained. Still unsure of how it happened, but the ones I manually cleaned up have not come back. Going to continue to manually clear them up. If it happens again I will have an alert setup to notify me, and I have all the xcp-ng logs and everything to be able to see what happened. If that happens I will post here with details and logs for the resource so we can see how it occurs. [image: image.jpeg]
  • 37 Topics
    136 Posts
    J
    @AtaxyaNetwork Merci pour tes recherches ! Oui "cd_label" serait cool comme ajout au plugin ce qui permet sur les distro type Fedora/Redhat de ne pas avoir de boot_command à gérer