Categories

  • All news regarding Xen and XCP-ng ecosystem

    146 Topics
    5k Posts
    J
    @acebmxer Can you suspend the vm ? If its not possible its most likely a kernel thing inside the vm. If you can suspend the vm however, it points more to a timing/timeout issue with the migration.
  • Everything related to the virtualization platform

    1k Topics
    15k Posts
    H
    @dinhngtu said: dinhngtu VATES 🪐 XCP-NG TEAM a day ago @hrvojer There are many bugs in older versions of the Xen PV drivers. I suggest running Windows without guest tools and drivers if you can take the performance and functionality hit (no suspend/migration on UEFI VMs, no metric reporting, etc). Thanks @dinhngtu, appreciated. Running without PV drivers is hard for us: this is an I/O-heavy production SQL Server and we already had timeout problems before adding RAM, so I'm worried emulated disk performance would hurt more than an occasional crash. Our medium-term plan is to migrate SQL to a new VM with a supported Windows Server and current tools. Until then, a few follow-up questions: Is there any official place to still get XenServer VM Tools 9.2.3 (or whichever last version works on 2012 R2)? Would an older XCP-ng PV driver release (e.g. 8.2.2.200) likely be any better here, or is it the same xenvbd code base? One more detail I missed: in the same Feb 2026 change we also enabled "Lock Pages in Memory" for the SQL Server service account (together with 16 -> 64 GB RAM). Is there any known issue between old xenvbd and locked pages / large guest memory? Meanwhile we've capped SQL max server memory at 32 GB as a stopgap.
  • 3k Topics
    29k Posts
    nathanael-hN
    @acebmxer I would have said the logs depend on how you deployed XO. Basically it would be an error printed when you ran yarn start. But it depends if XO is started with systemd or something else. But as you found yourself the solution... this is not needed anymore for now. I'll see if we can report an helpful message in XO. Something like "Cannot reach docker.sock. As you're running a RedHat like distro, ensure SELinux rules let sshd reach it. See this link for more... Etc."
  • Our hyperconverged storage solution

    54 Topics
    824 Posts
    J
    @poddingue Turns out it is all secondary-to-secondary out of sync. So that makes it less intense, though if primary dies I wonder how it will resolve this, or if it will become split brained. Still unsure of how it happened, but the ones I manually cleaned up have not come back. Going to continue to manually clear them up. If it happens again I will have an alert setup to notify me, and I have all the xcp-ng logs and everything to be able to see what happened. If that happens I will post here with details and logs for the resource so we can see how it occurs. [image: image.jpeg]
  • 37 Topics
    136 Posts
    J
    @AtaxyaNetwork Merci pour tes recherches ! Oui "cd_label" serait cool comme ajout au plugin ce qui permet sur les distro type Fedora/Redhat de ne pas avoir de boot_command à gérer