XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    [dedicated thread] Dell Open Manage Appliance (OME)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Compute
    104 Posts 27 Posters 63.0k Views 23 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T
      Tiki1469
      last edited by

      Please be gentle....I am a newbie to almost everything XCPNG and Linux...

      I got to this part of the guide located at https://blog.ataxya.net/add-xen-driver-to-ome-dell-open-manage-enterprise/

      2026-06-25_17h00_34.png

      ....and those links don't work for me. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by

        Ping @ataxyanetwork to the rescue 🙂

        AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • AtaxyaNetworkA
          AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @olivierlambert
          last edited by

          @olivierlambert Guess who migrated her website and forgot to migrate this folder ? 😄

          @tiki1469 i'll reupload the drivers somewhere, i'll ping you when it's ready 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 2
          • T
            Tiki1469
            last edited by

            Well you both just made my Friday! I can follow directions after all! 👨‍🔧

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • T
              Tiki1469
              last edited by

              @ataxyanetwork , just checking in on this. No rush at all. Thanks!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                CodeMercenary
                last edited by

                I got this running and when I set up a catalog and baseline the report tells me that it has nothing in the catalog. Is that because it doesn't understand XCP-ng or because my hardware is old enough that it has dropped out of the catalog? I have two PE R630 and one PE R730. I tried both the full default Dell catalog as well as the one that limits to BIOS and firmware updates.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • P
                  pijany
                  last edited by

                  Version 4.7 build 105 works fine with applied fix (modules/path).

                  I have made upgrade form 4.5 -> 4.7, before update I have uninstall all plugins than upgrade to 4.7. Apply fixes and install plugins.

                  AtaxyaNetworkA 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • AtaxyaNetworkA
                    AtaxyaNetwork Ambassador @pijany
                    last edited by

                    Hello everyone !

                    I rebuild a new OME appliance with the latest version (4.7) 🎉
                    What i did on the rebuild:

                    • Via live CD
                      • add xen-blkfront and xen-netfront driver, and rebuild the initrd
                      • change root password
                      • activate SSH.
                    • Via TUI
                      • Change admin password
                      • Set interface to DHCP
                    • Via SSH
                    sed -i -e 's/sda/xvda/g' /opt/dell/omc/utilities/tui/bin/ome_disk_config.sh
                    sed -i -e 's/sda/xvda/g' /opt/dell/mcsi/appliance/scripts/appliance_resources.sh
                    bash /mnt/Linux/install.sh # To install XCP-ng tools
                    

                    As usual, please send a DM if you want the link to the VHD 🙂

                    Also, if you want to build it yourself, the driver are here

                    • https://cecilemorange.fr/drivers/xen-netfront.ko
                    • https://cecilemorange.fr/drivers/xen-blkfront.ko

                    Feedback is welcome !

                    (Disclamer: This build is something I create on my free time and to help people who have difficulty running Dell appliances on XCP-ng. I do not guarantee a fully functional appliance, but I do my best to make it work. If you have a support contract with Dell and require official support for OME, please contact Dell and request compatibility with XCP-ng.)

                    Z 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Z
                      ziljan @AtaxyaNetwork
                      last edited by

                      @AtaxyaNetwork Thank you for sharing the latest version. It works very well except I'm getting error when trying to install any plugin. Did you get this as well ?
                      d8c58b99-0330-4c85-830c-998b37004d59-image.jpeg

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • S
                        SteWe
                        last edited by

                        @ataxyanetwork hey, thanks for sharing this. I am new to the forum so maybe i am not looking in the right place. Your Blog seems to be offline, so did you link the Appliance here in the forum or is it only available on the blog

                        thx

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post