XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    [Beta Release] XCP-ng Windows Client tools 8.2.1-beta1

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Development
    53 Posts 11 Posters 48.6k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • borzelB
      borzel XCP-ng Center Team @dbeato
      last edited by

      @dbeato hmm.. never saw this feature ... I'll try with some test VMs

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • borzelB
        borzel XCP-ng Center Team @dbeato
        last edited by

        @dbeato it just works!

        0_1543354762165_1e58c732-fb06-4288-870b-207858a7cd40-grafik.png

        dbeatoD 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • dbeatoD
          dbeato @borzel
          last edited by

          @borzel said in [Beta Release] XCP-ng Windows Client tools 8.2.1-beta1:

          @dbeato it just works!

          0_1543354762165_1e58c732-fb06-4288-870b-207858a7cd40-grafik.png

          Good, that's what I need to review again as this morning did not want to work.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • C
            conradical
            last edited by

            I've installed this on Win server 2019, PV Drivers install, but XCP-ng center reports the management agent is not installed AND under the performance it says to install XCP-ng tools to view memory data.

            borzelB 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • borzelB
              borzel XCP-ng Center Team @conradical
              last edited by

              @conradical Did you reboot? Do you see the XCP-ng devices in Device Manager?

              C 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • C
                conradical @borzel
                last edited by

                @borzel
                Yes, I did reboot. I don't see XCP-ng, but see
                XenServer PV Netowrk Device
                XenSRC PV scsi disk device
                and XenServer PV Bus's

                How that I look closer i see Xenserver Agent and XenServer PV Driver monitor. -- I'm wondering if these grabbed from windows update automatically post XCP-ng tools install.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • C
                  conradical
                  last edited by

                  Screenshots..2_1543503748332_pv-services.png 1_1543503748331_devices-2.png 0_1543503748330_devices-1.png

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • C
                    conradical
                    last edited by

                    so I did a fresh 2019 install, using the server 2016 template since 2019 template isn't available yet, post install i was prompted with this screenshot:
                    0_1543512092072_PV-Restart.png

                    This is also the recently re-released Win Server 2019 disk.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • C
                      conradical
                      last edited by

                      Apparently be default the template has "Windows Update tools" enabled. Should this not pull the drivers for XCP-ng?

                      borzelB 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • borzelB
                        borzel XCP-ng Center Team @conradical
                        last edited by

                        @conradical we don't have xcp-ng drivers on Windows Update. Maybe later....

                        C 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • C
                          conradical @borzel
                          last edited by

                          @borzel
                          I thought I read where you were working on that process and got it done and were registering the device IDs. I guess i read wrong 🙂

                          borzelB 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • borzelB
                            borzel XCP-ng Center Team @conradical
                            last edited by borzel

                            @conradical device id's are "registered" in the xen project and in "the pci database" ™ ... but they are for future use

                            C 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • C
                              conradical @borzel
                              last edited by

                              @borzel
                              Got it! Good work by the way!

                              borzelB 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • borzelB
                                borzel XCP-ng Center Team @conradical
                                last edited by

                                @conradical 🏆

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • borzelB
                                  borzel XCP-ng Center Team
                                  last edited by borzel

                                  Status update: I'm currently working on avoiding these WMI errors. Here is my current progress:

                                  0_1543695450544_c08507e5-eba8-45e6-94e8-2ba601777c01-grafik.png

                                  https://github.com/xcp-ng/win-xenguestagent/commit/280847a38a0687a3c06608b51f9cc0cb9b4d9f9b

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • R
                                    RKO1337
                                    last edited by

                                    Thanks for the XCP-ng tools.

                                    I tried to install the XCP-ng Tools on a new Windows Server 2019 vm (german locale), XCP-ng 7.5.
                                    I used the Windows Server 2016 default Template.

                                    Installed Net Framework 3.5 beforehand, launched the setup.exe as administrator.
                                    The installation finishes with the management agenet could not be started message.

                                    I restarted the vm, no new Xen Devices are shown in device management.
                                    Only both of these services were installed.
                                    892c2ea7-6c57-415c-abe2-b1785cd0142d-image.png

                                    I ran

                                    C:\Program Files\XCP-ng\XenTools\InstallAgent.exe DEFAULT
                                    

                                    this installed the XCP-ng Interface Package.

                                    af6c61f8-f38e-48be-a422-47aced5a5dad-image.png

                                    I got no popup that asked to reboot the vm, but restarted anyways.

                                    Services after reboot:
                                    d6a7e406-8686-423b-99b7-ed983b609971-image.png

                                    Device manager shows two new unknown XENBUS devices. Under system devices XCP-ng Interface and XCP-ng PV Bus (0002) are now listed.
                                    Network adapter, drives etc. are same as before the driver installation.
                                    515e2f4b-99b8-417d-ae8e-2e241a869f76-image.png
                                    e548cbee-1488-4a39-b881-04d1c1439629-image.png

                                    Xen Orchestra displays that Xen Tools are not detected, but i can see Memory Usage etc.
                                    XCP-ng Center:
                                    e94af70e-5391-4e15-b0b4-802a8db2dd28-image.png

                                    borzelB 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • borzelB
                                      borzel XCP-ng Center Team @RKO1337
                                      last edited by borzel

                                      @RKO1337 you have to install the drivers then manually ... point the driver install dialog from windows to c:\programe files\xcp-ng\drivers (don't forget to tell him to search also in subfolders)

                                      R V 2 Replies Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 1
                                      • R
                                        RKO1337 @borzel
                                        last edited by

                                        @borzel thanks now all devices correctly recognized

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • V
                                          vmpr @borzel
                                          last edited by

                                          @borzel thanks for the hint, now it works also fine for me, in xcp-ng center it says:

                                          IO optimized
                                          Management Agent installed

                                          but in XenOrchestra it still says: "Xen tools version Not installed"

                                          what should we do to get this fixed?

                                          cheers, Ringo

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olivierlambertO
                                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                            last edited by

                                            @borzel is the XCP-ng Center guy, @julien-f or myself are more on the XO side.

                                            1. Let's see if it's not a refresh issue, can you refresh your browser page and see if the result is still the same?
                                            2. If it doesn't solve it, try to disconnect and reconnect your pool master in Settings/server, refresh and let us know
                                            V 1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post