XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    OIDC not redirecting back to XO

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    22 Posts 4 Posters 5.7k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • maxcernyM
      maxcerny
      last edited by maxcerny

      I have set up Xen Orchestra and authelia. Then I set up the plugin for oidc in XO, and configured a client in authelia.

      But when I try to login, I get to authelia, go through 2FA, and then nothing happens. If I go back to XO, I just land back at the login page.

      I know my authelia and oidc is working, because I have no problems with using it on proxmox.

      Any ideas as to where the issue might be?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • maxcernyM
        maxcerny
        last edited by

        Still haven't been able to get it working... Any suggestions?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • olivierlambertO
          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
          last edited by

          XO works well with a reverse proxy, so I would ask Authelia community I think. I don't see any reason it shouldn't work 🤔

          maxcernyM 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 1
          • maxcernyM
            maxcerny @olivierlambert
            last edited by

            @olivierlambert I got a bit further, but now I'm getting an internal server error when I get redirected back.

            S 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • S
              sluflyer06 @maxcerny
              last edited by

              @maxcerny maybe post the config you are using? I use OIDC with Google for XO and it worked right out of the gate.

              maxcernyM 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • maxcernyM
                maxcerny @sluflyer06
                last edited by

                @sluflyer06
                authelia client config:
                e14b6fa1-32c0-46b7-b1e4-35471937ea1d-image.png

                XO OIDC config:
                faf23cd1-5ad5-4127-abf1-ec5feb43973e-image.png

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • maxcernyM
                  maxcerny
                  last edited by

                  Not really sure which scopes I should be using tho. might be the issue.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO
                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                    last edited by

                    Have you asked Authelia community? Sounds like more a configuration tuning than anything else 🙂

                    maxcernyM 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • maxcernyM
                      maxcerny @olivierlambert
                      last edited by

                      @olivierlambert I haven't, but considering the issue is only with xen orchestra, which has 0 documentation on the oidc plugin I don't think they will be of much help.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olivierlambertO
                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                        last edited by

                        Our OIDC plugin is very standard, as far OIDC is. We detailed how to use it with Keycloak (with screenshots), if you can have people from Authelia with some knowledge on what fields to fill, that would be wonderful. Keep us posted, we'll be happy to have your steps in our documentation 🙂

                        maxcernyM 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • maxcernyM
                          maxcerny @olivierlambert
                          last edited by

                          @olivierlambert I was able to get some logs from xen orchestra.

                          Expected values to be strictly equal:
                          + actual - expected
                          
                          + 'undefined'
                          - 'string'
                          

                          But no additional information.

                          julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • olivierlambertO
                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                            last edited by

                            Ah! That's interesting 🙂

                            Ping @julien-f

                            maxcernyM 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • maxcernyM
                              maxcerny @olivierlambert
                              last edited by

                              @olivierlambert could you point me in the keycloak configuration direction?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • olivierlambertO
                                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                last edited by

                                See https://xen-orchestra.com/blog/xen-orchestra-5-80/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • julien-fJ
                                  julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @maxcerny
                                  last edited by

                                  @maxcerny I believe the username field is incorrect, it should be one of displayName, username or email).

                                  Make sure your plugin is up-to-date because it is documented.

                                  17e7fc12-7b56-4d78-8fdf-42906dc685f0-image.png

                                  maxcernyM 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • maxcernyM
                                    maxcerny @julien-f
                                    last edited by

                                    @julien-f tried it, no dice

                                    Also according to the authelia docs: https://www.authelia.com/integration/openid-connect/introduction/#profile

                                    the claim is preferred_username

                                    julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • julien-fJ
                                      julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @maxcerny
                                      last edited by

                                      @maxcerny username is preferred_username in XO.

                                      We weren't explicitly using the profile scope, please test the oidc-scope-profile branch.

                                      maxcernyM 2 Replies Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • maxcernyM
                                        maxcerny @julien-f
                                        last edited by

                                        @julien-f yes, this branch works.
                                        guess it was a scoping issue then.

                                        When about can I expect an update to the master branch? I'm currently running xo in docker and don't really want to glue together different plugin versions.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • maxcernyM
                                          maxcerny @julien-f
                                          last edited by

                                          @julien-f just a clarification, it works with username, not preferred username

                                          julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • julien-fJ
                                            julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @maxcerny
                                            last edited by

                                            @maxcerny I've made some changes to make scopes configurable, if you could test it to make sure it works, that would be great. (same branch, commit da14bab)

                                            julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post